Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Hello Dave,

Specifically enlighten me as to what specific authentication methods you would personally recommend as I respect your opinion. Or inform me as to what authentication methods would be used elsewhere.

-We can reference the size and weights of the two most recent sales of Gehrig gloves sold at auction.
-We can reference Draper & Maynard manufacturing records and catalogues from the period.
-We can document Gehrig's endorsement contracts with glove makers.
-We can even document his known glove styles worn during specific periods of his career.
-We can take into account the history of the glove from the consignor.
-We can even pull up hundreds of editorial images of Gehrig with the Yankees wearing an almost identical glove.

With only two known examples in the hobby (none being photo-matched) and this being the first rookie era glove I am beyond open to hearing expert opinions from serious vintage collectors and authenticators. The glove dates to almost a century ago so we obviously aren't going to get a player letter, Team LOA or MLB Authentication.

The glove is Authentic in my opinion. All auction houses have opinions. All authenticators have opinions.

If anyone can prove that the glove is not authentic I will pull the lot immediately. If someone has any additional historical support of the glove I will update the auction listing.

You haven't even proved that it's real!!!! Lol. Where is the "solid provenance" that you mention in your description.

As I stated before, it wouldn't be hard to find a glove similar to this one. So are you gonna call that also attributed to Gehrig.