Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

February pickups

The "recent pickups" thread is getting a little long. I thought it might be a good idea to start a new one each month.

Yesterday I bought a game used ball from the Twins/Dodgers game on 6/27/2006. I wanted it because Fransisco Liriano got the win. What I didn't realize is Joe Mauer went 5 for 5 in that game. It is the only game he has ever gone 5 for 5. Certainly was a nice pickup being that he was the AL Batting Champ for the year.

I don't have pics of the ball but it is hammered with use and shows two distinct spots where the ball skipped off the infield dirt.

I found the game summary on MLB.com and there is a highlight video of both Liriano striking out 8 and Mauer getting his 5 hits.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/gameday_reca...=.jsp&c_id=min

Bryan
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Re: February pickups

Another month, another couple of Mets jerseys to the collection... Picked up a 1987 Sisk pullover road jersey and am in the process of picking up a 1980 Pat Zachry 2-button pullover road. Still looking for that elusive '94 BP!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love that style of Mets jersey.Very nice!My favorites constantly change.My current favorite is this Manny bat:

Just acquired this Fergie Jenkins game used glove, circa 1980. This completes my Jenkins trifecta...game used flannel, bat, and glove. The only pitcher in MLB history with over 3,000 strikeouts and less than 1,000 walks...Fergie's the man. Let's hope the Cubs wise up this year and retire his #31 (for Fergie alone, not Fergie and Maddux).

Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Today I picked up an Eli Marrero game worn 2006 Rockies helmet, to go with my Marrero game worn 2006 home photomatched jersey

Kyle,

If you collect Marrero, I have come across a LOT of Marrero memorabilia from his brief stint as a Met in 2006; fairly reasonably priced. I can't imagine it's all gone either.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Kyle,

If you collect Marrero, I have come across a LOT of Marrero memorabilia from his brief stint as a Met in 2006; fairly reasonably priced. I can't imagine it's all gone either.

Nick

At the moment I'm only looking to get his Rockies stuff, but thanks though.

Kenny Bynum Chargers helmet...a beauty!

Interesting recent eBay pickup:
    Orioles Russell Athletic salesman's sample/prototype jersey. Script looks to be close, but not exactly like the late-1996 pattern SOME Orioles players wore. Note, however, the way in which the white trim layer is not cut close between the "r" and "i" and the "l" and "e" in "Orioles". Also, note the ORANGE triangle sewn into the "s".
    The thing I love about this jersey, is the use of orange placket and sleeve piping. This really jumps on this jersey. It's too bad the Orioles did not pursue this idea.
    Also note the sleeve patch, which, while rather roughly developed, plays off the Frederick Keys patch of the same era.
    I'm really developing a fondness for these sample/prototype jerseys. The provide an interesting look at "what might have been".

Mark
    bigtime39@aol.com

I just bought this the other day but I hope it shows up today so I will squeeze it into the February pickups section. It is the actual printing plate used to make the Daily Southtown newspaper the day after the white sox won the series. I am going to have it framed with the paper itself. I will post better pictures when received.

Frank Thomas Game Used Hoosier

Willie Harris Game used LS

Thanks,

Glen