Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

tim raines cleats

what are your thoughts on these cleats game used signed by tim raines? I'm going to compare sizing etc but I was wondering if anyone has seen Raines wear this kind with the metal cleats that also seems to have plastic ones built in? I checked out teammates in 1983 who wore these mizuno cleats but couldn't find any with the plastic parts (just metal spikes).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: tim raines cleats

I have a pair of Raines spikes. They're black Nikes from either late with his time with the Expos or early White Sox days. They're a size 8. The spikes are your normal metal ones with no additional plastic spikes.

I remember Rickey Henderson wearing specially-designed cleats in his heyday. I wouldn't be surprised if Raines wore these.

Re: tim raines cleats

Thanks for the info! I found out these have a mexico size 27.5 which equals an 8.5 which matches raines size. I also realize he played on turf as well as grass and had a billion different types of cleats. I found a pic where he may be wearing these but i dont see the plastic. Who knows, maybe camera cant pick them up
    Attached Images Attached Images