Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Headin To The Hall!!

My dad told me last week that we will be driving this summer allllll the way to upstate New York to visit family near Cooperstown and to also go to the Hall of Fame induction! This will be my second visit to the hall, but my first to an induction. Anybody have any tips?....Like when to get there, where to get tickets (if they even sell tickets for the event), how to autographs, and ofcoarse, where it's at (I watch the induction every year and it looks like their on top of a mountain or something).

Thanks,
    Kyle

Re: Headin To The Hall!!

Since it's Cal's year, I wouldn't surprise me to see people setting up camp at 6am. I would buy the membership for the Hall of Fame to get VIP access to events. It's worth every penny.

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/me...p/benefits.htm

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    Since it's Cal's year, I wouldn't surprise me to see people setting up camp at 6am. I would buy the membership for the Hall of Fame to get VIP access to events. It's worth every penny.

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/me...p/benefits.htm

Chris

It costs $500 though

My accountant is heading to the induction and in a conversation last week told me that she made reservations over 1 year ago....and is still staying about 35 minutes away. I suggest you start looking for rooms ASAP...

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by Qstick333 View Post
    My accountant is heading to the induction and in a conversation last week told me that she made reservations over 1 year ago....and is still staying about 35 minutes away. I suggest you start looking for rooms ASAP...

Zach

My aunt has a vacation home in the mountains which is about 20 minutes from the hall. That's where I plan on staying

It's worth the $500. Just don't buy anything game used stuff for the next 6 months. If you want to be within 10 miles of Cal, it's worth the VIP tickets. Otherwise, you'll have to camp out at 6 in the morning. You can also buy tickets for the HOF game, which can be a tough find, depending on the teams and who the teams are playing (they sometimes use minor leaguers instead of their regular players). When I worked there, they also had a trivia session with several HOFers, ESPN Q&A with the inductees, and I believe a few autograph sessions for the kids. You also get two press pins (I heard a person at the Hall sold theirs for $1000 the year Ryan, Brett, and Yount went in). If you're that hard up for the money, you could probably eBay the HOF game tickets and the two press pins and break even, but that's my way of thinking. It really is a steal if you want to make the most of the induction.

P.S. The very day Cal announced he was going to retire, the Hall was swamped with calls from people trying to determine which weekend the induction was going to be and how to make reservations. Like Cal or not, it's gonna be huge...easily the biggest ever.

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    Just don't buy anything game used stuff for the next 6 months.

uhhhhhh that's not happenin

can't have your cake and eat it too.

I was going to go on one of those bus trips with my dad this year.Had the reservations and everything but after we found out there could be 50 thousand people or so going we cancelled the trip and are going to go up there another time.I went when Brooks robinson was inducted and there was just so many people we could not see anything at all.Good luck if you are going and get there very early.My highlight was meeting Warren Spahn and getting a pic with him.I do remember he smelled like smoke and had a pack off cigs in his front pocket.What a time i had and i was only 12 years old.Geoff