Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Good/Bad Experience with MLB Authentication Program

Quote Originally Posted by centauri View Post
    My one experience was I bought a Tyler Naquin bat from the team shop that had the authentication sticker, but no result on the website. The team was not much help, so I contacted the MLB guys. They were fast, responsive, and fixed the problem in 2 days. Very friendly folks to work with, IMO. I was stunned at how responsive they were.
    Send me an email if you dont mind
    Thank you,

Shaun Harr
    shaun.harr@yahoo.com
    Always look for game used anything of J.R. Towles, Ross Stripling, Tyler Naquin, and German Duran.

I've had perfect results in getting what I ask for with mixed results on responsiveness. I've had two balls where significant events occurred that weren't listed on the cert. I let them know what I wanted and provided links and other information to make it easy for them to look at the MLB video to verify it for themselves. Both times they gave me what I asked for. They even wrote in my "suggested" language. I have had to email repeatedly to get a response, but really happy that they're willing to make changes if verifiable.

Does anyone know if MLB has a formal policy on making changes to certs?

I don't know about any formal policy, but when a pitch in dirt was incorrectly entered in the database as a foul tip, they contacted the authenticator, who told them his personal record showed a pitch in dirt. So the website was changed based on that.

In another case, I pointed out a scoring change made after the original scorer's decision that was not caught by the authenticator. Since the scoring change was verifiable on the MLB website, the database entry was changed.

One interesting situation: One of my items acquired additional significance after it was authenticated, because it proved the final action in something that set a career record for the player. Since the player still had a few games left, nobody could know at the time that it would be his last of his career. I haven't tried to get that updated, but it probably could be done since the facts are verifiable.