Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

whats the value of a 2005 World series game used ball

As a die hard White Sox fan,,,recently I was lucky enough to meet someone who had a Game used ball from Game 2 of the 05 world series in Chicago (the holy grail game for White Sox fans).
    I always wanted to own a GU ball from the 05 series but they are almost impossible to locate. I was able to purchase the ball from him along with a very detailed LOA....I know there are not many MLB certified game used balls from the 05 World series out there, but this ball and the provenance are legit. Does anybody have an idea on what the value of the ball may be?
    The ball was fouled off by Paul Konerko ( who later that game hit a grand slam) in the third inning and tossed by the batboy to the owners father and they kept the ball in the family since.

Re: whats the value of a 2005 World series game used ball

Not sure if this totally answers your question but I sold a 2005 ALDS clinch game ball that had a MLB hologram for $295 earlier this year. Not apples to apples but might give you a place to start if nothing else.

How do you verify a loa from a guy who got it tossed to him in stands?

Very true...in this day and age of fraud it's very very difficult...I spoke with the owner in depth, did some research and felt as a collector of over 20 years it was worth the investment...the price wasn't outrageous and he wasn't offering it for sale...I can't get it MLB authenticated but it's the best I can do with obtaining authenticity.

I have an MLB authenticated ball from game 4. Got it about 6 years ago and paid $800. As you said, there aren't many out there. Almost all of them are probably locked away in permanent collections, so very hard to judge what a good price is for one.

Could you post a nice closeup of your ball?

Banned

Cool Re: whats the value of a 2005 World series game used ball

Quote Originally Posted by Tlewi11 View Post
    I have an MLB authenticated ball from game 4. Got it about 6 years ago and paid $800. As you said, there aren't many out there. Almost all of them are probably locked away in permanent collections, so very hard to judge what a good price is for one.
    True...the 2005 WS was the biggest event in the lives of most Chisox fans, in the realm of MLB. The win didn't get 10% of the national celebration that the 2016 World Championship of the Cubs, so Sox fans, many of whom are almost psychotic in their disdain for the Cubs, aren't likely to want to let go of a piece of their deserved time of glory.

Dave Miedema

I took pictures with my phone, but site is not allowing me to upload. It keeps saying files are too large, but file sizes are under the max listed. I'll see if I can figure it out later.

Send the pic to urself on facebook, then save it off facebook. It will resize

Lets see if these pics work...
    Attached Images Attached Images