Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Heads Up NFL Auctions "Game Uused" Footballs

It shows heavy use and yes the laces are dirty as well.

This is really disappointing that the NFL and also PSA/DNA doesn't have a better procedure for game used footballs. Some of these balls are being sold as game used when intact they're practice used. Hopefully one day they will be like the MLB and have someone right there after the game mark the footballs correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by RaidernatioN View Post
    It shows heavy use and yes the laces are dirty as well.
    The only question that really needs to be asked and answered is... Is it legal to use a football in an NFL game without rule b. "Upon approval, each game ball and back-up ball will be stamped with the Referee’s distinctive mark at the corners of each non-insignia panel. "

IMO the answer is No.

If rule e. Is followed "All game ball information will be recorded on the Referee’s Report, which must be submitted to the League office by noon on the day following the game", you should be able to request a copy or confirmation on what balls were used and approved.

Another update on this... they are sending me a prepaid label to return the football. I told them that I wasn't satisfied that this was used during the game and that I wasn't paying $450 for a practice or pregame ball.

Buyers beware... if you cant trust NFL Auction who can you really trust. I agree they need to tighten up labeling items right as they come off the field and not assuming game use.

Thanks for all the discussion guys. I hope this thread possibly opened some eyes.

Another update on this... they are sending me a prepaid label to return the football. I told them that I wasn't satisfied that this was used during the game and that I wasn't paying $450 for a practice or pregame ball.

Buyers beware... if you cant trust NFL Auction who can you really trust. I agree they need to tighten up labeling items right as they come off the field and not assuming game use.

Thanks for all the discussion guys. I hope this thread possibly opened some eyes.

The head guy at Nfl auctions told me they will look into it after the pro bowl. But I guess the teams sign papers stating they're game used. So probably more the teams fault then Nfl auctions.

I'm glad you got this resolved. I did find 3 days worth of practice pictures where they were using StS balls which likely explains the use on the one you purchased.

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/p...218337dd#start

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/p...8-416cdf909d0b

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/p...e-b4141c190853

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    The head guy at Nfl auctions told me they will look into it after the pro bowl. But I guess the teams sign papers stating they're game used. So probably more the teams fault then Nfl auctions.
    Yea Pete Q. was included on all correspondence regarding this. What's crazy is there's a 'b9' ball for sale right now on their site and currently at $615 with over 5 days left. They should really take it off.

Thanks again guys.

I was able to email a current NFL ref and he did confirm B stands for backup.

they are currently selling past super bowl balls as game used. I can't see any markings on the ball at all. What would be the likelihood that this is not game used?

I would stay away.