Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

2012 Orioles Jersey Missing Wash Tag

Just picked up a 2012 Mark Reynolds jersey. The jersey was supposedly bought at Camden Yards. Jersey looks good with some discoloration and a few spots of dirt and staining, however there is no interior wash tag or team identification strip. Is this normal for Orioles' jerseys to be missing these tags, especially the wash tag? Are there any other ways to determine the difference between an authentic and an actual game worn jersey?

Thanks for your help!

Re: 2012 Orioles Jersey Missing Wash Tag

All of my Os jerseys have the wash tag attached. Not sure why one would be removed unless it was just ripped out during wear. Your best bet would be to photo match the jersey if it has staining or marks that are easily identifiable. If you post some pics I can see if I can help you with that.

Banned

Question Re: 2012 Orioles Jersey Missing Wash Tag

Quote Originally Posted by ruhoos View Post
    Just picked up a 2012 Mark Reynolds jersey. The jersey was supposedly bought at Camden Yards. Jersey looks good with some discoloration and a few spots of dirt and staining, however there is no interior wash tag or team identification strip. Is this normal for Orioles' jerseys to be missing these tags, especially the wash tag? Are there any other ways to determine the difference between an authentic and an actual game worn jersey?

Thanks for your help!
    The wash tag either fell out or was removed. However, the O's haven't used year/set/name tags on much of anything in the way of jerseys made by Majestic. Curious: what size is the jersey?

Dave Miedema

Reynolds is known for removing tags...there is an eBay listing on a Rockies jersey that notes a cut tag.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    The wash tag either fell out or was removed. However, the O's haven't used year/set/name tags on much of anything in the way of jerseys made by Majestic. Curious: what size is the jersey?

Dave Miedema
    Size 48

Here's the actual jersey I have

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALTIMORE-OR...vip=true&rt=nc

Quote Originally Posted by truvalue123 View Post
    Reynolds is known for removing tags...there is an eBay listing on a Rockies jersey that notes a cut tag.
    There are actually two, one gamer and one BP. They are being sold by Phil who has bought lots of Rockies items in bulk for years so I would very much trust that source of info. I have dealt with him many times and I'm aware of his connection to the Rockies.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!