Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tom Brady Super Bowl jersey stolen??

I am starting to see reports that Tom Brady had his Patriots Super Bowl jersey come up missing after the game. Anybody else see this report?

Re: Tom Brady Super Bowl jersey stolen??

Yes, just read it this morning. If we keep paying attention we should eventually spot it (if anyone would). Especially any Patriot collectors out there. My guess is that the person(s) is scared and didn't bank on Tom reacting aggressively as he did towards the theft(as he should however) and won't move it anytime soon. They can't publicly sell it now. And unless the thief is the collector and with the pressure still on, I would venture a guess that they're going to pretend they found it and "heroically" return it. As long as Tom keeps mentioning the theft, no one will dare move it. But that's what you want, you want the jersey to become too hot to handle-so the only option is to "find it" and return it.

If Syndergaard's WS game 3 first pitch realized over 20K (I believe) this jersey starts at 25K, so Tom should offer a reward; keep the pressure on. This is different than the usual theft in public however, it's someone who had access to the locker room. Review the tapes as they say.

Bloomberg contacted me for an estimate on this and I told them if stolen it's worth nothing, as its stolen property.
    If recovered and authenticated its $250,000
    Think that's low?

This is not the first time or even second time his jerseys have been stolen from the locker room or patriots care

He just talked about this on his WEEI interview. He almost insinuated someone in the media took it when he went to get his eye black off. He then said that "the same thing happened two years ago too." Then followed it up with, "It sucks, but oh well." So, it sounds like his last two super bowl jerseys were stolen (unless he just meant a random game, but why would he remember that from two years ago)? And he didn't mention getting the other one back. So maybe, like art, there is some underground black market.

Also, I would think more than 250k, no? Unprecedented 5th super Bowl winning jersey from the greatest player ever. I guess where his career isn't over it is hard to know where it ends up, but no one will ever forget that Super Bowl.

I think it would go for over $250k. I think Tom should offer a reward and then auction it at Goldin for charity.

I edited my estimate to $300k-500k
    I try to be conservative!!

I could see a big Pats collector having a locker room attendant grab it and giving the attendant (making $50k year?) $100k. Like Tom used to give those deflate locker attendants memorabilia to do so.

You guys are right with the money/value aspect.....As far as who took it (and don't laugh at anyone as a suspect, and I mean anyone) I'm trying to look for video from the locker room celebration and I cant find any. A lot of video from on the field, wearing the official T-shirt stuff, but the locker room video seems to be difficult to find. Again anyone, player included. If not an opportunist; and if it was planned. I would look for someone who over dressed (jacket) for the weather, because walking out with the jersey under a jacket/hoodie is the easiest,also anyone carrying a bag or box. Listen it's not world's biggest crime, but once found and if it can realize a quarter of a million dollars at worst, it is an incident of some note, with a perp that may surprise you. Where's MLB authentication when you need them?