Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help - Possible Steelers game used helmet Myron Bell

Hello,

My name is Miguel, from Madrid, Spain. I' m a NFL fan supporter. It is my first post here.

I've bought a Steelers helmet with the #42 on it, that is supposedly game-worn.

I have done some research, the number 42 and the facemask are both completely consistent with a Steelers player Myron Bell, season 2000.

Any help? Any opinions/advice from people knowledgable about the Steelers, and/or even just helmets in general is welcome.

Thanks in advance

Miguel
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Help - Possible Steelers game used helmet Myron Bell

As a Michigan State alumni collector, I am very jealous of a great item from a great Spartan!
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

He only wore #42 for 1 game in 2000, so seems like a lot of wear but not sure if there are any sickers on inside designating the year the helmet was recertified or the clear clips may have a year on them as well to help date the helmet.
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. This weekend I out of my house. I'll check the clips or inside to look for a date.

Do you know why is the reason that he only play 1 game with this number? I researched that in the past he played with 40 but in the season 2000 (I think that he play 16 games) he played with 42

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. This weekend I out of my house. I'll check the clips or inside to look for a date.

Do you know why is the reason that he only play 1 game with this number? I researched that in the past he played with 40 but in the season 2000 (I think that he play 16 games) he played with 42

Hi Jason,

Inside the helmet there isn't any date and in the clear clips there is no number.

Jason has told me that it's possible to know the year of the helmet with the numbers in the facemask. I attached a picture of the facemask. Could somebody help me?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Jason,

Inside the helmet there isn't any date and in the clear clips there is no number.

Jason has told me that it's possible to know the year of the helmet with the numbers in the facemask. I attached a picture of the facemask. Could somebody help me?

Hi Miguel,

Nice looking helmet. If the facemask code shown is "JII", then I am pretty sure that it designates Oct 1999. That would probably be a good sign as far as matching up with the helmet use. I hope that helps some and good luck with the rest of your research!

Bob

Also, you may be able to access a date code for the helmet shell. It is often on the top front area inside the helmet under the front edge of the crown padding. It will look like a small circular indentation divided into four with either numbers or letters in several of the sections. It is a little tricky to access and to read but could also help shed some light on the helmet. I think there are a couple posts on GUU that explain it a little more as well. The sleuthing is half the fun

I think that this pics show you the area that I need to check. I don't see any small circular identation. Is it correct area?

Thanks in advance