Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Beware of Seller!!! and always remember to do your homework!!!

Dear Members yes I got caught in a scam on ebay and maybe I can chalk it up to a learning experience but unfortunaltey my pockets were not happy!!!

You can say it was my fault i should have done my homework but the seller also mislead and then ripped me off.

SELLERS NAME ON EBAY - chumpchange343

He was selling a Game Used Dodgers Strawberry helmet I was the winning bidder, the only problem was it was a 1994 helmet Strawberry was no where near the Dodgers in 94 he was with the Giants.
    What gave it away was when I received the helemt it has the gold mlb logo anniversary sticker on it which was in 1994. Yes the sticker was shown in 1 picture on the auction which i overlooked but when i receieved the helmet, noticed the sticker and brought it to the sellers attention and said i wasnt comfortable with the authenticity of it he said not a problem return the helmet and i will send you a refund. So I sent it back 2 weeks went by and no refund I sent him a message asking for the refund he said it will be out today a week goes by again no refund. I questioned him again and he says "oh well too bad i decided not to refund you" / at this point there was nothing i can do because too much time has lapsed for ebay to do anything.

EVERYONE BECAREFUL OF THIS SELLER AND PLEASE LEARN FROM THIS INCIDENT PAY ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAIL AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!

Re: Beware of Seller!!! and always remember to do your homework!!!

Wow, that's ridiculous. The helmet probably wasn't even close to game used anyways; there was no #44 on the team in 1994

I e-mailed the seller and questioned him about the helmet and this whole ordeal and he replied saying:

"I did not rip him off. The helmet was legit. Darryl Strawberry goes to my church and he said it is his. I am going to have him sign it, when I see him again. Anyways I played pro ball myself and I know a real helmet from a fake. About the sticker these things changes hands so many times, Who knows who had it. I sold Darryl's helmet with the out the ear flaps earlier in the year, and had no problem. I told him the helmet is his, when I got the helmet back it looked liked it was worn, and I told him I could not give him a refund. I told him I would send the helmet back to him, but that wasn't good enough. The only reason why he wanted a refund was he couldn't get the money he thought he was going to get for the helmet. So it is not really my fault. I don't rip people off I had a 100% feedback until he messed me up. But it is no big deal I really don't sell on ebay, only buy so you can tell everyone the real story or post this for me thanks."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    I e-mailed the seller and questioned him about the helmet and this whole ordeal and he replied saying:

"I did not rip him off. The helmet was legit. Darryl Strawberry goes to my church and he said it is his. I am going to have him sign it, when I see him again. Anyways I played pro ball myself and I know a real helmet from a fake. About the sticker these things changes hands so many times, Who knows who had it. I sold Darryl's helmet with the out the ear flaps earlier in the year, and had no problem. I told him the helmet is his, when I got the helmet back it looked liked it was worn, and I told him I could not give him a refund. I told him I would send the helmet back to him, but that wasn't good enough. The only reason why he wanted a refund was he couldn't get the money he thought he was going to get for the helmet. So it is not really my fault. I don't rip people off I had a 100% feedback until he messed me up. But it is no big deal I really don't sell on ebay, only buy so you can tell everyone the real story or post this for me thanks."

Wow I can say this is a blatlant lie!!!

Everyone pay close attention to what he says here!!!

1) he said it changes hands so many times who knows who had it??? Uh hello he just said it was Strawberrys!!!
    2)He said the helemt was mine and when he got it back it looked like it was worn??? Uh helllooooo again you sold it as game used!!! and the condition didnt change at all from the pictures he took
    3) Told me he could not give me a refund??? then why would i sent it back to him in the first place??? if he is saying it looked more worn when he got it back and contacted me, then thats another lie becuase he never once contacted me i had to contact him after 2 weeks went by and never received a refund when he agreed to giving me a refund.

HERES THE BIGGEST JOKE OF ALL HE RELISTED IT BACK ON EBAY WITH THE SAME EXACT LISTING/PICTURES AND SOLD IT TO SOMEONE - SO IF I CHANGED THE CONDITION OF THE HELMET WHY WOULD YOU LIST THE SAME EXACT PICTURES AGAIN???? - BETTER YET IF YOU RELISTED IT BACK ON EBAY AND SOMEONE BOUGHT IT, HOW CAN YOU OFFER TO SEND IT BACK TO ME????

LIKE I SAID YOU DO THE MATH AND YOU CAN SEE THIS GUY IS JUST TRYING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!

Banned

EVERYONE BEWARE!!!

I NOTIFIED HIM THAT I WAS LETTING PEOPLE KNOW WHAT HE DID HE JUST CHANGED HIS EBAY NAME

BEWARE OF SELLER - shinyquarters

Banned

EVERYONE YOUR GONNA LOVE THIS !!!!

Here is the ebay sale after I sent it back to him

Here is an email I just got from him

"I myself have played professional baseball, and I think I know a real game helmet from a fake. Like I said before the helmet is yours if you want it"

HOW CAN HE OFFER IT TO ME NOW IF HE ALREADY SOLD IT 2 WEEKS AGO??? LIKE I SAID HE IS A LIAR!!!

Strawberry WAS with the Dodgers in 1994 but on the disabled list before being released on May 26th. He was then picked up by the Giants.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Banned

R.C. Walker thanks for the info i know that, but i was just trying to make a point that the helmet should show practically no use at all, that helmet was hammered with use. Strawberry was on the disabled list and released in May to the Giants,

Which he had no at bats with the Dodgers in 94.

Had 92 at bats with the Giants in 94.

the seller is in california? or arizona? "darryl strawberry goes to my church".

i thought straw lives in missouri?

http://www.insidestl.com/mckernan/index.php?storyid=208

rudy.

The seller has unregistered