Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Movie prop question

Not game used but kinda neat. This was bought second hand but came from the Sony Lot and was likely used in a baseball movie. The back and front show signs of name and number replacement....it's neat how they built a fake russell jersey to use on screen. I like the fact it has my last name and jackie robinson's number (he started as a montreal royal). Anyone know what movies had the expos as extras? I think maybe The Fan from 96 is a good possibikity, anyone know the teams in that one who played the giants?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Movie prop question

Could it be literally a fan jersey from one of the extras sitting in the stands?

That would be cool but would they have dressed visitor fans in jerseys? I have no idea...

My brother found this clip from rookie of the year where they play the expos....but its a 20th century fox movie and the jersey is sony.....but that mivie makes the most sense
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rookie of the year movie came out in 1993 but Jackie Robinson day was not official until 2004, nine years after the movie. So if it was from that movie then it is coincidence that the number 42 is there. Don't most if not all teams have no name of the back of the jersey for JR day? Still pretty neat if you can find where it was from.

Another possibility is it was a sample sent to Sony as an example of what they could do for Moneyball.

Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    Rookie of the year movie came out in 1993 but Jackie Robinson day was not official until 2004, nine years after the movie. So if it was from that movie then it is coincidence that the number 42 is there. Don't most if not all teams have no name of the back of the jersey for JR day? Still pretty neat if you can find where it was from.
    Back then his number 42 wasnt retired yet league wide...it was retited in 97 so a prop person could gave easily made the fictional BELL wear 42. The thing that bugs me is rookie of the year was Fox and Sony isnt affiliated. THE FAN was made by Sony so that may be more likely, but id prefer rookie of the year. I gotta watch the fan to see if montreal is in it. Did moneyball have national league teams in it?

Found it!!! I think it's from the Fan, check out 00:35 in this clip, wesley snipes bats against the expos. Odds are it was either the pitcher or a player in dugout or field https://youtu.be/3T_OiHOt3Vk

00:02 the catcher is an expos player as well as whole dugout full of extras in expos gear after his 00:35 hit. I am confident it was used in that shoot. Very cool , im still shocked at the odds of me finding a movie prop jersey of my favorite team with jackie robinson number and my last name on back....one in a billion? Wooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    Very cool , im still shocked at the odds of me finding a movie prop jersey of my favorite team with jackie robinson number and my last name on back....one in a billion? Wooooo
    That's what collecting is all about!

Congrats on the find!!