Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Question Ray Moore H&B H14?

Hi, Brian.

I don't know if you're non-star records go back to the 1950s, but a buddy of mine has a 1950's era block letter bat with MOORE on the barrel. He's trying to determine if the bat was used by pitcher Ray Moore, as Moore was a member of the 1959 White Sox. I don't have weight or length specs, but the bat is an H14. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dave Miedema

Re: Ray Moore H&B H14?

Pretty sure I saw that bat at the Rosemont show in November. I was wondering if it might be a noncontract, postcareer coaches bat belonging to Terry Moore.

Banned

Cool Re: Ray Moore H&B H14?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Pretty sure I saw that bat at the Rosemont show in November. I was wondering if it might be a noncontract, postcareer coaches bat belonging to Terry Moore.
    Yeah...that was at the table my buddy dealt from (and where I helped out). He had it at the recent Rosemont show this past weekend, and still has it. I told him that I'd see if I could get an answer on here. Of course, your scenario is a possibility, although we're hoping it's Ray Moore...he's a much easier sell in Chicago being that he was on the 1959 White Sox.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Yeah...that was at the table my buddy dealt from (and where I helped out). He had it at the recent Rosemont show this past weekend, and still has it. I told him that I'd see if I could get an answer on here. Of course, your scenario is a possibility, although we're hoping it's Ray Moore...he's a much easier sell in Chicago being that he was on the 1959 White Sox.
    Your scenario is more likely since Terry Moore had a contract, and coaches' bats usually maintain signatures vs. reverting to block lettering. Hope you're successful in getting an answer. If it's Ray, that would be a great bat for a '59 Sox collector.

For what it's worth, I've never seen a Terry Moore gamer, only souvenir bats. One of the tougher bats for a '42 Cardinals collector (like me).

Banned

Question Re: Ray Moore H&B H14?

I appreciate the comments, Jeff. If it does turn out to be a Terry coaching bat, do you want to have me set you up with him?

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I appreciate the comments, Jeff. If it does turn out to be a Terry coaching bat, do you want to have me set you up with him?

Dave Miedema
    Sure. A postcareer bat is better than nothing at all. Gap filler! Thanks, Dave!