Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mets Flannel On Ebay

Hi -
    I am looking into this Mets flannel on ebay - one of the questions I have is, is the Mets logo a bit high on the shirts? Did Spalding make jerseys for the Mets from 1966-1968?

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302273782748?ul_noapp=true

Re: Mets Flannel On Ebay

I belive, correct me anyone if I'm wrong Spalding did make the home jerseys. Wilson made the road one's in 66. That said both tags on this jersey were added by hand and not sewn on by machine. You can see 2 sets of stitching holes besides the actual stitching itself. Tagging looks to have been moved a couple times. The logo does look a little high, but I have seen another jersey with logo in that high position, but wasn't 100 percent sure on that one either. Hope this helps. Im no expert on mets flannels, but I'm sure others on here can give you a more definitive answer on this jersey. Give it a little time. Dave could tell you for sure. Personally I would be weary.

The Mets script is too high.

If you google Mets 1966 jersey, Mets 1967 jersey, or Mets 1968 jersey and look at google images, you'll see many different examples of the home flannels and all of them have 3 buttons above the script. This one only has 2.

There is a reason this flannel only sold for $200 (including the juice) at Mears a month ago. http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/lot-109003.aspx

I'd stay away.

Thank you for the information! I appreciate the help from follow collectors. I will pass on the jersey.

Mets is too high and numbers are wrong font (too fat when compared to other Mets jerseys from that era), could be a bad restoration.

Banned

Angry Re: Mets Flannel On Ebay

I'm wondering why the seller included no pictures (or even mention) of the collar strip tag. All of the Spalding Mets flannels I've seen that I was comfortable with had a strip tag in the collar that gave (I'd have to go to my files to see the exact order) the uniform number, the year, and the size. The fact that he calls it a 1966-68 flannel leads me to believe there is no tag. As such, I'd avoid it. Mets flannels are not common, but better, more verifiable examples will pop up eventually.

Dave Miedema

compare this pic of Selma to the one on EBay
    Attached Images Attached Images