Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is your g/u business/collecting picking up some pace? Mine is !

After a bit a dry spell of not acquiring any game bats , it seems things are picking up . I finally found and bought a Devil Rays pitcher's bat ( a first for me) . It's a Rawlings Jorge Sosa , with a ton of rack marks but no use that I can see . Some dealers call rack marks use . Has his #59 on both ends . Stamped 2002 his rookie year . Only one problem he never got a chance to have an American League at-bat . I would assume that would explain the lack of use . Also got a Old Hickory Greg Vaughn . will post pistures tomorrow. Goog night to all except on the west coast, you're still out having fun !

Smile Re: Is your g/u business/collecting picking up some pace? Mine is !

just ordered 4 bats from Left Field Collectibles today , got like 3 more still coming from ebay and I got to meet a ebayer at his work to pick a Old Hickory Sandberg bat he found last night . I won two bat off him and asked him to check for more, meeting him at 5pm.....when it rains it pours .....at this rate I should break the 150 (all Devil Rays) mark before opening day.......

Re: Is your g/u business/collecting picking up some pace? Mine is !

150 - Wow! How do you store all those bats? Any pics?

ZH

They are all in a closet , I can try and do a pic to show the entire display better , but w/having to size the pics down , makes it harder. A few months ago I didn't know how to post pics online or download pics ......stay tuned...

Nice bat---I saw that one (he once struck out the first nine batters he faced at AAA Durham, and his name randomly popped into my head when I was on eBay), but decided against it.

hi there Luc,
    Talking about the Jorge Sosa right ? Well I'm glad you decided not to bid, kept the price down , thanks... getting ready to post pics now gotta download and size down first.....

here's the pics , currently I have 120 + 7 payed for and on the way . I picked up 11 or 12 in the last week . As long as people keep selling bats I should be able to get 23 in 6 weeks . one of pic was still too large . will add more later.
    Name:  gucollect1.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  447.5 KB

Name:  gucollect2.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  427.9 KB

Name:  gucollect3.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  484.3 KB

Well , I am getting closer to my estimate of 150 devil ray bats b4 opening day . Unless things pick up I will end up with around 140 , 10 short . I have to re-count them this week ....still a few days left ....

Banned

Hello Camaro,

I particularly like the Felix Escalona bat, the Yankees had him in 2005 kept him in the minors till he was brought up when AROD got hurt then Jeter to back them upI was dissapointed when they sent him back down. I have his Game Used Jersey from the Yankees.
    I dont know where he is at now but he was a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Hello Camaro,

I particularly like the Felix Escalona bat, the Yankees had him in 2005 kept him in the minors till he was brought up when AROD got hurt then Jeter to back them upI was dissapointed when they sent him back down. I have his Game Used Jersey from the Yankees.
    I dont know where he is at now but he was a good player.
    Hi there Suave,
    I like the Escalona myself, I got it from Blue Chip Sports and rather cheap . Plus it is signed nicely in black sharpie and a rookie bat of his .

What's up with the Yanks (not trying to rub anything in) ? Are they starting to turn it around ? What do you think? Looks like it ! They're catching up to the .500 mark, one game away . Does anyone think Clemens will help out ? The Devil Rays aren't looking too shabby for having a poor pitching staff ....
    Thanks,
    David