Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Gamed Used 42 Jerseys

Heard a great suggestion by the Nats announcers while watching them against my Phillies.

The suggestion was to continue with the 42 on the back with no name, but have the players real number on the sleeve. His interest was to make it easier for them to determine the player on another team, especially when warming up in the bullpen.

I like the idea from a collector perspective - I think it would really increase the value of these jerseys.

Just curious what others think of the idea.

Re: Gamed Used 42 Jerseys

I like that. I have a wainwright and you can't tell who jersey it is. The psa/dna says it's his and its signed but it's just a cards jersey #42.

I agree, that is a really good idea. That is one style of Reds jersey I don't own, mainly due to the fact that, for lack of a better term, they are kind of generic.

The only you can tell who's jersey it is, is by looking at the wash tag. I love the idea of the players number being added to the sleeve.

Player number, jersey size & year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by truvalue123 View Post
    Great idea!
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    Heard a great suggestion by the Nats announcers while watching them against my Phillies.

The suggestion was to continue with the 42 on the back with no name, but have the players real number on the sleeve. His interest was to make it easier for them to determine the player on another team, especially when warming up in the bullpen.

I like the idea from a collector perspective - I think it would really increase the value of these jerseys.

Just curious what others think of the idea.
    They had an interesting situation in the Hou/Oak game on JRD saturday. When Correa got hit in the 9th inning and had to come out of the game. Since the Astros had used all their position players they had to use a pitcher to run. After a couple of minutes one came out. It took the A's PA announcer almost as long to announce who it was outside of a #42

have a player number patch on the sleeve...