Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lou Brock at Robert Edwards auctions

Anybody have any thoughts on this Brock jersey offered up at Robert Edwards? I can't believe someone had Rickey Henderson sign it.

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/...e?itemid=45320

Banned

Talking Re: Lou Brock at Robert Edwards auctions

Everything I can see in the photos looks reasonable. The tapered tail is normal for Brock gamers (and actually for all 1972 Rawlings gamers), and the flag tag is consistent with what the team and the supplier used at the time. I can't say for sure without having it in hand to examine, but I feel very good about this one, and apparently MEARS did, as well.

Dave Miedema

Re: Lou Brock at Robert Edwards auctions

Wow! This jersey sold for $7200 with juice. I personally like having my items signed but the personalization and a completely different player signing it ruined it for me.

Would you have Miguel Cabrera sign a carl Yastrzemski jersey? Makes no sense to me.

Do you guys feel the personalization and different player (from a different era) signing an item diminishes its value (unless your name is Dave in this case)?

I agree with you...I owned a Joe Torre jersey a couple of years ago that originated with his late brother Frank...The deal broker had Frank sign the jersey..."My Brothers Jersey, Frank Torre"...thought it was odd and detracted from the jersey, but, overall created a good value in terms of pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by sherbal15 View Post

Do you guys feel the personalization and different player (from a different era) signing an item diminishes its value (unless your name is Dave in this case)?
    Yes, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by truvalue123 View Post
    I agree with you...I owned a Joe Torre jersey a couple of years ago that originated with his late brother Frank...The deal broker had Frank sign the jersey..."My Brothers Jersey, Frank Torre"...thought it was odd and detracted from the jersey, but, overall created a good value in terms of pricing.
    I owned that Torre jersey for about ten minutes until I traded it for a 2011 World Series Jersey. My plan had been to remove the Frank Torre signature and inscription. Glad I didnt have to mess with it!

Red face Re: Lou Brock at Robert Edwards auctions

Goldin Auctions?
    Would you have stated the auto was removed)

Quote Originally Posted by truvalue123 View Post
    Goldin Auctions?
    Would you have stated the auto was removed)
    Yep Goldin auctions. I would have removed the signature and then inscribed on the jersey that "signature was removed in this space" to satisfy every Tom, Dick and Larry

Autographs on jerseys can easily be removed.

The Frank Torre autograph was removed, and something tells me the Henderson autograph will also be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post
    Autographs on jerseys can easily be removed.

The Frank Torre autograph was removed, and something tells me the Henderson autograph will also be removed.
    REMOVED! REMOVED! OMG RED ALERT!