Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner Auction

Banned

Steiner Auction

I just browsed the Steiner auction. Looks like a lot of shady game used items at best. Seems like Steiner is trying to use their brand name to flip a bunch of marginal items to the naive/novice game used collector. It will catch up to them one day, but it's a shame to see someone who doesn't need to do this, doing it.

Re: Steiner Auction

Which items do you find to be shady game-used pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    I just browsed the Steiner auction. Looks like a lot of shady game used items at best. Seems like Steiner is trying to use their brand name to flip a bunch of marginal items to the naive/novice game used collector. It will catch up to them one day, but it's a shame to see someone who doesn't need to do this, doing it.

It would be great if you could post details about the lots and what is wrong with them. Also I thought there were forum rules about calling out stuff like this thread.

Yup back in the day of GUU saying stuff like this without proof would get you banned immediately.

Lets hear what u believe to be bad?

I like how each game used bat says "Featured in this lot if a game used bat worthy of Cooperstown" LOL and they all say "In addition to the crack the bat show excellent use only increasing its value. This bat is authenticated by PSA/DNA and is sure to become a solid investment for its next owner as time goes by." LOL Sounds like I should buy them all

admin_old

Nick,

Please post the specific items and your concerns. This thread could be helpful to collectors if you are more specific. Also, you should contact Dave at Steiner auctions with the items you are concerned about. Thanks.

Doug

I see 26 bats listed, and, 25 of them have PSA or MEARS letters...How can they be "shady"? Descriptions may be a bit goofy, but, don't see issues here..I didn't inspect every listing, but, the ones I did , like the Aaron which has a PSA Grade 7, seem to check out...maybe someone is trying to keep bidders away?

Quote Originally Posted by truvalue123 View Post
    I see 26 bats listed, and, 25 of them have PSA or MEARS letters...How can they be "shady"? Descriptions may be a bit goofy, but, don't see issues here..I didn't inspect every listing, but, the ones I did , like the Aaron which has a PSA Grade 7, seem to check out...maybe someone is trying to keep bidders away?
    LoL. Didnt think of that! The writeups are weak but it does seem that the items are mostly authenticated and kinda are what they are. I see some nice items in there that are cheap right now.

Banned

I'll post shortly.