Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Rare Tom Brady piece

Kinda one of those cases that it's gonna be worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. Just because it's not a commonly sold item, doesn't mean that it's going to justify a higher price tag. I've bought and sold several game images, team cut ups and film, full playbooks and players arm bands for well under 2k. I actually bought a NFL Films camera for well under that, but knowing what games it was used wouldn't impact it's value. To many of my friends, my collection is worthless and they feel I waste thousands a year on this stuff.

At the end of the day, it's a sideline used Down and Distance sheet, it's basically him charting part of the game.

Tom Brady writing it or bleeding on it will have a marginal effect on most people. You could make a case that he touches a fair number of players during a game without driving up the value that particular item.

Personally, if I had someone willing to give me 2k for that, I'd take it instantly. It very well may be someone's "Grail", but you either wait for that right person or take the money now while Brady is still at the top of this game.

You are correct believe it comes down to what someone is willing to spend. Just know his an auto sells for. Why wouldn't this sell for a lot more not a lot of Tom Brady stuff at all available, trust me I've done my researchI know I'm bias but also know I posted on eBay just for a second to have proof of ownership and to see if psa would be able to certify which they can only do autos. After that post I Had 2 people asking about piece and how cool it was. I even asked them what they thought piece was worth to get a gauge and one said probably 20 could be a lot more. Other said not sure just an amazing piece.
    In your terms you are pretty much saying having an auto card is just like having a piece of cardboard with writing on it.
    Again what it comes down to is what is somebody willing to spend. This is a one of a kind piece where there is no way to tell. Worst case I keep a pretty amazing piece of Tom Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Briggsd719 View Post
    You are correct believe it comes down to what someone is willing to spend. Just know his an auto sells for. Why wouldn't this sell for a lot more not a lot of Tom Brady stuff at all available, trust me I've done my researchI know I'm bias but also know I posted on eBay just for a second to have proof of ownership and to see if psa would be able to certify which they can only do autos. After that post I Had 2 people asking about piece and how cool it was. I even asked them what they thought piece was worth to get a gauge and one said probably 20 could be a lot more. Other said not sure just an amazing piece.
    In your terms you are pretty much saying having an auto card is just like having a piece of cardboard with writing on it.
    Again what it comes down to is what is somebody willing to spend. This is a one of a kind piece where there is no way to tell. Worst case I keep a pretty amazing piece of Tom Brady.
    20K?????

For anybody who thinks I'm lieing. And when I posted on eBay had for 22k when guy asked me about it. Text is from him another guy I met through piece been talking to him. I'm know I'm probably over valuing but what else is out there to compare to it. A flip sheet from coughlin went for 6k. We can all agree to disagree.

The theme of this thread is vexing and, at worst, disingenuous. It just does not feel "in the spirit" of the board. Everyone has a right to express their views; I get it. However, I become distressed when I view posts over valuing what an item is worth. Instead I enjoy people sharing their items for what they are: cool pieces of history, hopefully dripping in pine tar. For example, Ben or whomever post their unbelievable items, we salivate and then posts our comments. I rarely see people throw around 22K or disingenuous eBay posts. Maybe board is changing, or I have not- I have been here since 2005 and am a creature of habit.
    Again, I am probably just tired and cranky. My intention is not to come off as overly negative about this thread. Guy is probably just looking for some help regarding his piece and I am misconstruing everything.

After all this talking figure only way to find out is to put on eBay. Only reason I thought auction might help out with value but since I don't feel it's gonna make that big a difference. I put up a high number and told to email for any offers. I'll keep you guys informed and I really appreciate the input. It's fun kinda of like arguing with my wife. Everybody thinks there right and nobody wins. Lol

At joecoco I was just looking for help and I appreciate it. Not trying to stir the pot I really do appreciate everybody here.

All good! 😀

Personally if it was myself i would consign it in to Goldin Auctions and let it ride.

Nice piece by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Phil316 View Post
    Personally if it was myself i would consign it in to Goldin Auctions and let it ride.

Nice piece by the way
    Thanks,the sad thing is I feel that truly hot window of brady has closed where things were going for 2x as much. Just need to hold on to til next window then like you said let it ride with auction. Hopeful he gets another ring. Not gonna lie Madden curse does scare me. It's already started with Gisele and whole concussion thing. Lol