Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TG19
    • Jul 2014

Re: 1986 Tony Gwynn Padres Rawlings Home Jersey

Here is my list of Items sold in the October Auction....I bought some Items from some members on here...Please look it over and see If I doctored any Items...I have nothing to hide...
    Attached Files
    Email: BonamoRacing@yahoo.com

Comment

• seanbaseball
      • Aug 2014

Just my 2 cents:

I have sold Kyle Bonamo several items and have seen a couple being resold. None of those items were doctored in any way and I found Kyle to be a nice honest guy to work with.

I think it would be unfair for Ken to just pull the Gwynn jersey without spending a little more time having it researched. Whats the harm in that? Ken represents the sellers but also looks out for the buyers.

Comment

• whoman
        • Feb 2015

I also had issues with this 1986 Padres Tony Gwynn jersey. First of all, I've been collecting Tony Gwynn/Padres jerseys for over 30 years and I have never seen a 1986 jersey tagged with Rawlings tag. Attached is a photo of my 1986 Gwynn home jersey with "PROPER" tagging.
        I also took screen shots from the 1986 All Star game and as you can see no Rawlings patch on the sleeve. When i emailed Ken Goldin about this he stated that because it came from an executive and had a MEARS A-10 letter this jersey was indisputable. Are you kidding me, first of all we all make mistakes and i think Mears made a major blunder here.
        Mears letter shows pictures from both 1986 and 1987 combined which in my opinion does not make this jersey indisputable.
        Attached Files

Comment

• KGoldin
          • Sep 2012

You guys have a choice
          I have stated we have three weeks left before this closes and I can pull at any time.
          I have asked for additional supportive evidence , or alternatively I have requested mears retract the letter and refund the authentication fee.

So here is your choice.
          You can continue to pile on needlessly ,
          Or you can let this process run its course so I am fair to everyone.
          In the end we will not be shipping a customer a jersey we are not 100 💯 % satisfied with. And it won't take more than a few days.

So will you let me do my job as you would want the same courtesy and thoroughness if you were my consignor
          Thank you
          Ken goldin

Comment

• KGoldin
            • Sep 2012

That didn't take long
            We were told no additional support would be available and the consignor would receive a refund on his loa
            The item has been pulled

Comment

• twarman17
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by 3arod13
              Completely understand the large amount of items auction houses have to deal with, but I take offense to your comment that "this is a tiny item" implying that it isn't as important as big $$ items. No matter what the value is, everything should be treated the same and is just as important!

Here's a tiny item that ran in one of your auctions that wasn't authentic. In your auction of 29 October 2016, item #863, I did a simple search for 1996 MLB All Star Game and found video of the entire game. In this game, Arod only had one at bat as a pinch hitter in the 7th inning. As you can clearly see in the attached picture, he wore One Blue and One Red Rawlings Wristband and a Rawlings Batting Glove, not the ALL STAR gloves in #863. A simple and quick internet search found this video. So as you can see, EVERYTING MATTERS no matter what the $$$ value is.

This is why we all do what we do in this hobby to keep it safe. Yes, it's not popular with many when things like this are pointed out. Completely understand the extra time and effort it takes. But it's not to make your life miserable. It's to keep the hobby safe.

My recommendation would be to not make comments like that out of frustration, but to just address the issue. However, I do understand your frustration, as you have to trust those who consign the items. So I do feel your pain.
              I was the winner on these Arod gloves/wristbands. Unfortunately I learned after the auction they were not worn in the game. But, I let it go because they had been authenticated by arod. I assume he used in some capacity at the all star game, like BP.

Comment

• sherbal15
                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by seanbaseball
                Just my 2 cents:

I have sold Kyle Bonamo several items and have seen a couple being resold. None of those items were doctored in any way and I found Kyle to be a nice honest guy to work with.

I think it would be unfair for Ken to just pull the Gwynn jersey without spending a little more time having it researched. Whats the harm in that? Ken represents the sellers but also looks out for the buyers.
                I'll second that. I sold him the 2012 molina jersey on that list and it did not appear doctored in any way when it got to goldin.

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
                  • Apr 2007

If a Gwynn gamer is a tiny item then I do not own any sports memorabilia at all. I understand now why my concerns about a far lesser item went unaddressed.

Comment

Working...