I have concerns with the 1986 Tony Gwynn Padres Home Jersey that is currently in Goldin Auctions. I have contacted Ken and MEARS has been called. The issue I have is Rawlings did not manufacture the Padres jerseys that year. When I brought up this fact it was communicated to me that, “. . . . 1986 photograph of Gwynn with the RAK patch and the Rawlings logo is on the mears LOA. That is indisputable evidence of this fact.”. Unfortunately, the photos represented in the MEARS LOA prove otherwise.

The bottom photo of the first page shows a supposed photo of Gwynn in 1986. No RAK on sleeve.
Name:  gwynn1.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  100.0 KB
The Second shows another photo of Gwynn supposedly wearing a 1986 Rawlings sleeve tag with the opposite sleeve cropped out.
Name:  Gwynn2.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  64.6 KB
The third photo is posted in the Goldin Auctions and shows the same photo MEARS used minus the cropped sleeve. No RAK on sleeve.
Name:  Gwynn3.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  213.4 KB
I have discussed this with fellow Padres and Tony Gwynn collectors and feel I have done my due diligence. I do not believe this is “indisputable evidence” and brings to light more questions than answers.