Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: 1986 Tony Gwynn Padres Rawlings Home Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    My recommendation would be to not make comments like that out of frustration, but to just address the issue.
    Yep. Goldin does an awesome job with addressing issues, likely the best among auction houses (the close affiliation with GUU also is a great thing) and while I'm sure MLB teams do not like to spend time and resources cleaning the seats in the upper deck after every game, I don't see tweets about it, the seats just get cleaned as do the luxury boxes.

You misunderstood my point.
    Every item is important
    Every item defines our reputation and customer service.
    My point is, ". My easiest path is to yank the item immediately "
    That is the easiest path, and what I normally do.
    In this case, because of the source, and because it's a mears 10 and because of the verbiage in the mears LOA I do not the know that my right course of action is to knee jerk remove the item.
    Please do not misinterpret my comments to mean I do. Not care about the item because it's not $100000. Just the opposite I made that comment to point out that the easiest course of action for me would have been to simply pill it but with three weeks left in the auction and the information I have from mears and consignor I do not think it it fair to hi to simply pull it without having every thing checked all over again.
    Understand the difference?
    In this auction we received emails about 3 similar items, a college jersey, a pujols jerseys and a ichiro jersey and all 3 items were pulled. Those items did not have the back up that the Gwynn has, so please do not take offense when I require extra time to ensure the proper decision is made.

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Every item is important
    In this case, because of the source, and because it's a mears 10 and because of the verbiage in the mears LOA I do not the know that my right course of action is to knee jerk remove the item.
    Please do not misinterpret my comments to mean I do. Not care about the item because it's not $100000. Just the opposite I made that comment to point out that the easiest course of action for me would have been to simply pill it but with three weeks left in the auction and the information I have from mears and consignor I do not think it it fair to hi to simply pull it without having every thing checked all over again.
    In this auction we received emails about 3 similar items, a college jersey, a pujols jerseys and a ichiro jersey and all 3 items were pulled. Those items did not have the back up that the Gwynn has, so please do not take offense when I require extra time to ensure the proper decision is made.
    Not any issue with your point, but your words "DO you think I need this aggravation? I'm running a multi million $ auction, and this is a tiny item." Here, let me help you..."Tony, you're correct in that I shouldn't have shown my frustration and should have chosen my words a litter better." There, how's that? Thanks!
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Tony
    Bad word choice and no edit feature here to fix

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Every item is important

Hello Ken-

You note "In this auction we received emails about 3 similar items, a college jersey, a pujols jerseys and a ichiro jersey and all 3 items were pulled".

Your statement is inaccurate.

I was the original owner of the 2015 road grey Marlins Ichiro in question, lot #696 in your current auction. I've reached out to you several times since your current auction began and have provided you with both information and photographic evidence that confirms this jersey is not in the same condition as when I sold it. As noted to you, i sold this on Ebay noting in my listing that it had very light use. When comparing the photos in your auction to those in my ebay auction, there is now significant wear on the back numbers and added wear/use throughout including the tagging.

The current consignor of this Ichiro jersey to your auction (Ken Bonamo) also purchased a 2015 road grey Marlins Stanton through Ebay that was sold as "issued/non-worn" and then consigned this to your previous auction. When the Stanton was described in your auction, it was noted that it had significant wear and still had "cologne" on it from Stanton's wearing!!

Both the Ichiro and Stanton Marlins were doctored after leaving my possession and both offered through your auction house for resale to unsuspecting bidders. Although you removed the Stanton after being notified (which was then consigned to Grey Flannel by Ken Bonamo and removed after they were notified of the issues above), you continue to offer the Ichiro. Based on the information I've provided and the history of the consignor, I'm confused why you are allowing this jersey to remain active? What more needs to be provided in order for this doctored shirt to be removed as well?

Regards,
    Esteban Bejarano

UPDATE: The lot is actually 627 (not 696, as 696 is the inventory # on the tagging).

The individual who purchased this and the Stanton is actually Kyle Bonamo, not Ken.

Sorry for the error.

Esteban

UPDATE:

The Ichiro road in question has now been removed from the current Goldin auction.

Esteban

That didn't take long
    We were told no additional support would be available and the consignor would receive a refund on his loa
    The item has been pulled

If any if you friend me on Facebook you know I am out of the office traveling I do not have a laptop with me I instructed my ooffice yesterday to pull each of ichiro our jerseys in question there were actually two of them they pulled only one because my email was not clear in the other ones mentioned above has subsequently been pulledI'm attaching a photo of the one jersey that was pulled prior so you can see the lot

I am sorry for typos but again, attached is a screenshot of the ichiro that was pulled but was one of two being pulled
    Now both have been pulled
    Thank you for your assistance
    Attached Images Attached Images  

In short
    I have an email instructions to have ichiro pulled
    One but not both of ichiro sin questions were pulled
    Upon hearing this I contacted my office and had both pulled as opposed to one only.
    I am in la and do not have a laptop to do these Things myself td she so instructions were to clear
    I posted the screenshot of the " other" ichiro jersey that was pulled as it was said I said something and ncorrect.

And what I said was correct, ichiro was indeed pulled when I typed that.
    Just not the one he was referring to whic I have fixed