Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 1986 Tony Gwynn Padres Rawlings Home Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Completely understand the large amount of items auction houses have to deal with, but I take offense to your comment that "this is a tiny item" implying that it isn't as important as big $$ items. No matter what the value is, everything should be treated the same and is just as important!

Here's a tiny item that ran in one of your auctions that wasn't authentic. In your auction of 29 October 2016, item #863, I did a simple search for 1996 MLB All Star Game and found video of the entire game. In this game, Arod only had one at bat as a pinch hitter in the 7th inning. As you can clearly see in the attached picture, he wore One Blue and One Red Rawlings Wristband and a Rawlings Batting Glove, not the ALL STAR gloves in #863. A simple and quick internet search found this video. So as you can see, EVERYTING MATTERS no matter what the $$$ value is.

This is why we all do what we do in this hobby to keep it safe. Yes, it's not popular with many when things like this are pointed out. Completely understand the extra time and effort it takes. But it's not to make your life miserable. It's to keep the hobby safe.

My recommendation would be to not make comments like that out of frustration, but to just address the issue. However, I do understand your frustration, as you have to trust those who consign the items. So I do feel your pain.
    I was the winner on these Arod gloves/wristbands. Unfortunately I learned after the auction they were not worn in the game. But, I let it go because they had been authenticated by arod. I assume he used in some capacity at the all star game, like BP.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaseball View Post
    Just my 2 cents:

I have sold Kyle Bonamo several items and have seen a couple being resold. None of those items were doctored in any way and I found Kyle to be a nice honest guy to work with.

I think it would be unfair for Ken to just pull the Gwynn jersey without spending a little more time having it researched. Whats the harm in that? Ken represents the sellers but also looks out for the buyers.
    I'll second that. I sold him the 2012 molina jersey on that list and it did not appear doctored in any way when it got to goldin.

If a Gwynn gamer is a tiny item then I do not own any sports memorabilia at all. I understand now why my concerns about a far lesser item went unaddressed.