Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Beckett Authentication Question. LEGIT ??

Just wanted some feedback on Beckett's witnessed authentication.

How legit is it ?

Any and all feedback welcome !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Beckett Authentication Question. LEGIT ??

I Would Say They Are Credible I Have Been To A Few Autograph Events Where Beckett Was Used And Didnt See A Difference Between Them Jsa And Psa At A Signing Event

Quote Originally Posted by BLANCO84 View Post
    I Would Say They Are Credible I Have Been To A Few Autograph Events Where Beckett Was Used And Didnt See A Difference Between Them Jsa And Psa At A Signing Event
    So, if they say they witnessed the autograph, you'd say they more than likely did ?

Beckett got into the autograph authentication game in a big way in the past year. They grabbed Steve Grad from PSA/DNA, who was their principle authenticator and appears frequently on Pawn Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    Beckett got into the autograph authentication game in a big way in the past year. They grabbed Steve Grad from PSA/DNA, who was their principle authenticator and appears frequently on Pawn Stars.
    So, you would rank an autograph authenticated/witnessed by them up there with MLB, in terms of credibility ?

yes i would say its legit as far as autographs go because thats the only experience i personally had with them

Quote Originally Posted by bryzzo2016 View Post
    So, you would rank an autograph authenticated/witnessed by them up there with MLB, in terms of credibility ?
    Well, they are a third party authenticator, so not all of their COAs indicate an in person witnessing of the item being signed. They do some "Beckett Witnessed" events when autograph companies conduct private signings, but I think most of their work is as a 3rd party authenticator. I would put their credibility in line with PSA/DNA and above JSA (just my personal opinion).

For being in the game for such a short time, it is amazing the credibility they have garnered. They have gotten a number of the larger dealers to switch to them exclusively (i.e. Mill Creek Sports).