Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lebron James Game-Used Ebay Scam

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201931622465

Read the description carefully.... you are buying photos that were copied and pasted from the nbaauctions website.

Re: Lebron James Game-Used Ebay Scam

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Pound View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/201931622465

Read the description carefully.... you are buying photos that were copied and pasted from the nbaauctions website.
    Wow and somebody has bid over 200$ wish people would read description

The listing title is somewhat shady, but the description is pretty clear. It's also listed under fan apparel and souvenirs, not game used memorabilia. I can't say that I feel bad for someone who will bid 200 dollars on an auction item without even reading the description. Maybe they really really want those photos.

Oh, and there is an auction item section here that this thread would probably fit into. Just for future reference.

Hi everybody,

I have asked the seller to remove the listing, and he did not ask for the right to use pictures from our auction site.

Thanks for starting the thread. Dawg.

Barry
    NBA & MeiGray Game Worn Authentication Program, Director

Hopefully the seller abides and doesn't make it more of an issue than it needs to be. Still baffled that they received any bids at all, let alone bids over 200 dollars.

Looks like some shill bidding going on there to jack the price up. Look at the bidders. 2 idiots raising the price up. One with 0 feedback and one with 1 feedback and the guy selling it also has 1 feedback. Red flag for sure.

I see buyer's remorse in their future

I would like to think that eBay would still make good on this and back the buyer. It's basically of on par with the sellers who have tried selling photos of cell phone or electronics boxes.

They technically state what they're selling and people are indeed idiots for bidding/buying without reading, but the whole purpose is to deceive...and in this case, they are using photos that don't even belong to them.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Lebron James Game-Used Ebay Scam

Sad to say, but the scam is still up there and the suspected shill bidders have run it up to over $600.

Dave Miedema

Wonder if somebody could put up same description and explain that this piece is a scam. Wonder what the rules are for calling out other ebayers.