Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My daughters first homerun ball!

Took my daughter and niece to a marlins game tonight and they ended up getting their first homerun ball. It was a 3 run shot by Justin Bour in the sixth inning. What's crazy is that it landed 5 rows back from us but it bounced back towards us and landed square in between these two girls and in their seats....it was magic ...never have I ever caught a homer ball but these two now have something to remember for sure! I need some ideas on how to make them a display for this

Ebay seller: mancaveauctions

Collecting Marlins Game Used jerseys, Jeff Conine,
    250 HR / 250 SB Club Members.

Re: My daughters first homerun ball!

Very cool! Congrats!
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Thanks metsbats

Banned

Far out! I haven't caught or retrieved a game HR ball since 2010. You go, girls!

Dave Miedema

Dave youre the master ballhawk.....over 30 years ive been going to baseball game's and ive never as much caught even a foul. After last night i still havent caught one. It was my kid and her cousins night. I want to do something special and display it for them in a box with our tickets and the baseball. Need ideas....maybe get bour to sign it

How awesome is that!? Very cool. A game and moment nobody will forget, tickets framed and maybe keep an eye out and see if getting that bat he used to hit it will surface in the future.

That's great! Really sweet moment for you both...

Banned

Smile Re: My daughters first homerun ball!

Quote Originally Posted by mook03005 View Post
    Dave youre the master ballhawk.....over 30 years ive been going to baseball game's and ive never as much caught even a foul. After last night i still havent caught one. It was my kid and her cousins night. I want to do something special and display it for them in a box with our tickets and the baseball. Need ideas....maybe get bour to sign it
    Mook: Thanks for the compliment, but I am not, and never was, the master Ballhawk, even in just Chicago and even before my health went sour. Dave Davison, Moe Mullins and Rich Buhrke are all more accomplished at the craft than I am. I'm a middle of the road level guy, but certainly not on their level.

Again, great to see you and the kids have a special moment at the game.

Thank you guys again ...this is the reason why I collect for these moments. I actually got real caught up in the moment when it happened because the guy to my righy actually reached in towards the girls and I had to intervene and retrieve the ball. As soon as I did I became overwhelmed with emotion that I kind of celebrated and raised the ball in the air (kinda in my own little world for a moment) I was probably on the jumbotron. Then I came to and quickly gave the ball to my kid......I didn't want to be that guy lol who keeps a ball and not give to the kids haha

That is awesome!

However, based on the thread's title, I thought the ball was from your daughter hitting her first home run.
    Now that would be even cooler
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions