Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Is this not overpriced?

I have no problem with him asking whatever he wants but there are HOF players asking 1/4 of that... just seems like a lot for a broadcaster to me.

Banned

Smile Re: Is this not overpriced?

I wouldn't pay it myself, but we are (once again) in a free market society, and he and his reps have the right to ask it. Personally, I think Vin is one of the classiest and best baseball announcers in history.

Dave Miedema

Im not sure how people are mistaking me questionning his huge asking price to trashing him....it feels like you can't have an opinion unless you agree with the majority in 2017. And the microphone ban was a legit question.....no one else finds it odd he put a clause in there? I'm just trying to figure out why he'd ban a specific object like that. More power to him if he can get thousands for his grandkids, but his prices totally warrant a debate on the inflated hobby i'd say. But in 2017 i guess it makes me a bully....im a price bully

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    Im not sure how people are mistaking me questionning his huge asking price to trashing him....it feels like you can't have an opinion unless you agree with the majority in 2017. And the microphone ban was a legit question.....no one else finds it odd he put a clause in there? I'm just trying to figure out why he'd ban a specific object like that. More power to him if he can get thousands for his grandkids, but his prices totally warrant a debate on the inflated hobby i'd say. But in 2017 i guess it makes me a bully....im a price bully
    A simple search would have shown that it's the market price, instead it was asked on the forum as a discussion and you received your response. Sometimes celebrities have agreements with companies to have exclusive rights to certain items being signed so that they can drive the demand and have control over quantity available. Vin is a class act and his fans are from a market that generally have high costs of living and inflation on most items...this is far from shocking.

That was my point, i asked opinions on pricing but got mostly replies about him being a class act.....i don't think i ever questionned his morals or classiness by questionning the rate of his autographs. Almost as if it's offensive to question 400$ signed bobble heads. I will never question the prices of saintky vin scully again.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    That was my point, i asked opinions on pricing but got mostly replies about him being a class act.....i don't think i ever questionned his morals or classiness by questionning the rate of his autographs. Almost as if it's offensive to question 400$ signed bobble heads. I will never question the prices of saintky vin scully again.
    I guess you got to see first hand then why those prices can be asked and ultimately paid for.

Banned

Unhappy Re: Is this not overpriced?

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    A simple search would have shown that it's the market price, instead it was asked on the forum as a discussion and you received your response. Sometimes celebrities have agreements with companies to have exclusive rights to certain items being signed so that they can drive the demand and have control over quantity available. Vin is a class act and his fans are from a market that generally have high costs of living and inflation on most items...this is far from shocking.
    Very true. When he was a Braves coach, I asked Terry Pendleton to sign a baseball for me. He was very willing, but when I asked him to add a notation for his NL MVP season, he politely declined, saying he was under contract to not do that except for one autograph dealer.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Check out the game used bats on that website.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Check out the game used bats on that website.
    24000$ on a bat is totally reasonable, who needs a downpayment on a house or a car? Just get a bat from this reasonably priced site.

The 27 cents made me smile, clever touch