Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pink Bats on Mothers Weekend? Where are they?

I noticed this year they used the bats all weekend. Should be more on th emarket in the future. Haven't seen many though. Now MLB is wearing green uniforms all weekend vs. Memorial Day. Money grab by MLB that's a bit embarrassing/shameful in my opinion.

Re: Pink Bats on Mothers Weekend? Where are they?

all about money. mlb is definitely showing it's true colors. anything to make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by momen55 View Post
    all about money. mlb is definitely showing it's true colors. anything to make more money.
    aren't the proceeds being used for charitable purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    aren't the proceeds being used for charitable purposes?
    You are probably correct. If this is true, then I would think more is better. I'll have to check on this. Thanks for the comment!

Re: Charity confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Juicyfruit66 View Post
    Thanks for the linked info. If all the MLB proceeds go to the charity, I'm all for it.

I would love to have a pink bat in my collection. It would definitely stand out amongst the rest, for sure. The Indians have listed some of the Mothers Day jerseys on MLB Auctions, but I haven't seen anything about the bats.

Not being critical of anyone posting in this thread, but I cannot call it a money grab by MLB when its collectors and fans like many of us in GUU who are the ones that keep feeding the monster. It's like complaining about ticket prices, athletes' salaries, etc. Most of the fans that complain are the ones contributing to all of this. Even if you never attend a game in person, as long as you support the game in some form or fashion (watching games on TV or listening on the radio), buying any type of MLB licensed products ranging from a team tee-shirt at Target to cards to game-used gear and everything in between, you are financially supporting your favorite team and MLB.

It's just business, and any smart business will attempt to generate revenue where there is demand and an opportunity to make money. At the end of the day, as much as we like sports and take it very seriously, it is really nothing more than a form of entertainment that is trying to grab as much of our discretionary income that we are willing to spend. MLB is no different than the movie industry, music industry, Las Vegas, Amazon, your favorite restaurant, vacation destinations, etc., etc., etc.

As some have mentioned in this thread, the money from MLB Auctions is for charitable purposes, so the more the better!

Mark Hayne

Rockies told me all pink bats went back to MLB, so I guess we will see them soon. With that said, I know the proceeds from the pink items are for charity and some items/teams post things that the proceeds get donated, but not everything on MLB auctions is for charity. Many of the teams pocket the cash to offset the costs of purchasing uniforms/equipment.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by lengthwise1 View Post
    Rockies told me all pink bats went back to MLB, so I guess we will see them soon. With that said, I know the proceeds from the pink items are for charity and some items/teams post things that the proceeds get donated, but not everything on MLB auctions is for charity. Many of the teams pocket the cash to offset the costs of purchasing uniforms/equipment.
    I was told the same thing by the Indians. Hoping they pop up on the MLB auction site sometime in the near future.