Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Strickland Harper/Strickland Fight Jersey Pulled From Auction

Re: Strickland Harper/Strickland Fight Jersey Pulled From Auction

I heard MLB executives pulled the Strickland jersey and hat from the Giants game used auction after the Washington Post ran an unflattering article about how MLB was trying to profit off the brawl. I read several of the articles and everyone was trashing MLB for having poor taste and being hypocritical ("you can't say the brawl was wrong and suspend players, and then try to profit off said brawl"), but as a game used collector I was really hoping they'd sell the Strickland and Harper pieces--which are just absolutely fascinating and unique pieces from one of the most interesting brawls in MLB history--so many angles from which to analyze the brawl (the 3 year old Strickland-Harper feud dating back to the 2014 NLDS home runs, how players can hold simmering grudges for years, Posey hanging back behind the dish, the Samardzija Morse collision, etc). Funny how game used collectors' motivations are so much different than MLB watchers in general. At any rate, I bought the Jeff Samardzija game used cap from Memorial Day, one of only a few game used items with a connection to the brawl (Samardzija's head collided with Morse's head in between Harper and Strickland while they were exchanging blows, just as Samardzija was about to pummel Harper, and both Samardzija's and Morse's caps went flying; unfortunately Morse suffered a concussion due to the collision and is still out weeks later--I hope he ends up OK--Morse is such a great guy!) The Strickland game used items would have been more prime, but Samardzija's cap was as close as I could get.
    Attached Images Attached Images