Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Fake Correa High School Jersey On eBay

Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2017 8:57 PM
    To: steve@VSAauctions.com
    Subject: FW: Carlos Correa High School Jersey

Hello Steve,

I wanted to email you about the Carlos Correa high school jersey in your auction (someone just pointed it out to me).
    Unfortunately, we had offered this jersey in our auction previously and we were alerted to the fact that the jersey was likely never used by Correa.
    To that end, please find below an email Ken received about it (the names have been removed for obvious reasons).
    The jersey actually came to us with a GMMI LOA whose items we no longer accept because they have proven to sell to many bad items.

My recommendation would be to pull the jersey given it is likely not a legitimate Correa worn jersey.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Christopher Cavalier
    Vice President of Consignments - Goldin Auctions
    160 East 9th Avenue, Suite A
    Runnemede, NJ 08078
    www.goldinauctions.com
    Cell - 925.413.1429

Banned

Exclamation Re: Fake Correa High School Jersey On eBay

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Funny...the seller told me something completely different.

Dave M.
    The email I received from Showpiece Sports claimed that the eBay seller had bought the item directly from Ken...total BS, of course. Ken is aware of the response I got and has/is taking action.

Dave M.

unbelievable

Banned

Arrow Re: Fake Correa High School Jersey On eBay

Call off the dogs on Showpiece Sports, as the response he gave to memorabiliaunlimited is the correct one. It came after my eBay contact with the seller, at which time he thought it was bought from Goldin Auctions, as he had the erroneous LOA I issued. After checking, he realized that it had, indeed, come from VSA instead, and said so truthfully to the other member who contacted him. I guess when you bid in multiple auctions, occasionally your first reaction to such a question may not be the correct one. In any event, I firmly believe that Showpiece's response to me was an honest error, and he was not trying to deceive anyone knowingly.

Dave M.

PS: My apologies to all parties for getting that one wrong. I know I'm human and that humans aren't perfect, but I still get pissed at myself when I screw up, no matter how infrequently it happens.

https://www.amazon.com/Carlos-Correa...+School+Jersey

Jersey is still for sale on Amazon by the way. Since the seller switched the ebay auction before he ended it (very sneaky in my opinion) iam adding photos so hopefully no other people get duped.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

sportsmemorabilia.com (the seller on amazon) does this all the time - they take items that are listed for sale on ebay and other forums and relist them on their site with a tremendous mark up in order to give them plenty of room to buy it from the person who actually owns it if someone were to buy it through them. they did this with my items a couple years ago and i had to contact them in order to have them stop.

here it is available on their website:
    http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/spo...edema-coa.html

not too sure if many people know this, but sportsmemorabilia.com and fanatics are pretty much the same company or are at least owned by the same company - if you buy from fanatics the charge will show on your statement as coming from sportsmemorabilia.com, and you can buy items listed for sale on sportsmemorabilia.com from fanatics. i am quite sure that their site just hasnt been updated to reflect that the correa jersey is no longer for sale on ebay and therefore no longer available through them. i will give my guy at fanatics a heads up about it and see if anything can be done.

i just want the jersey documented. So it does not get passed off again.