Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Fantasy Baseball????

Hey members its that time again.

Last year someone set up a Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo for the forum members and we had a great turn out we filled up all the teams and everyone was pro active with it. I am just curious if anyone will be setting one up this year?

Re: Fantasy Baseball????

Yeah. It was that TRSENT guy and he doesn't like us anymore. He took his ball and went home.

I will be doing a 10 team autopick draft league on Yahoo starting tomorrow.I have been commisioner in a few other leagues as well so you can expect it to run well and be fun.I will post all the necessary info tomorrow to join.I will be extending this invite only for a few days or until league is full.It will be for GUU members.It will be a lot of fun playing against people you chat with so much here on the board.This league is for serious players that have time to play all year.Thanks and i look forward to the season!
    jon

Sounds like a great time - how does Yahoo run their draft? Is it live or via a list? I've played for years and years on ESPN but never on Yahoo.....

ZH

Quote Originally Posted by Qstick333 View Post
    Sounds like a great time - how does Yahoo run their draft? Is it live or via a list? I've played for years and years on ESPN but never on Yahoo.....

ZH
    What i do is an autopick draft.What you have to do is make your own draft rankings and then the draft is picked based on everyones draft preferences.It's really tough to do a live draft with 10 teams unless you all have the same schedule.I'll be posting the info tomorrow morning probably so there will be 9 openings in this league.
    jon

I'm game... I normally play yahoo fantasy baseball but took the yesr off last year...sort of lost interest, but missed it.

Banned

Jon im definitely in but why 10 teams?
    There are more then neough members here to do more then 10 teams and eve last year I beleive we had about 20 teams and I think we have enough to do it again this year?

I just want to make sure the autopick is where we pick he we want the most and then yahoo picks for us who we get is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Jon im definitely in but why 10 teams?
    There are more then neough members here to do more then 10 teams and eve last year I beleive we had about 20 teams and I think we have enough to do it again this year?

I just want to make sure the autopick is where we pick he we want the most and then yahoo picks for us who we get is that correct?
    As for the autopick you are correct.I like 10 teams because it's more personable and you get less teams that bail.I hate when that happens.With 20 teams if your at the bottom there is more reason to just give up mid season.Someone else should do a 10 team league as well for all those that won't be in this one.Thanks.Make sure to look for the info at the latest tomorrow night.I'll be leaving links and passwords to the league.
    jon

I've created a 10-team league on Fox Sports. I did Yahoo for various leagues, but found Fox to be a pretty sizable upgrade.

I will warn you that it's scored a bit different than you're probably used to. It's a 6x6 league, and the categories are as such:
    BATTING
    Hits
    Extra base hits
    RBI
    Runs
    OBP
    Total bases

PITCHING
    Wins
    Saves
    Strikeouts
    WHIP
    ERA
    Holds

I can post the league info later on if there's any interest in this setup.

Banned

Nathan nothing aganist you but I would rather wait for Johns I just liked the set up Yahoo has, feel pretty comfortable with it.