Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Rockets game worn (?) jersey - no clue when it was actually worn

I need your help regarding this Zan Tabak Rockets 1994-95 game worn/issued jersey.
    What makes me confused is that it's #3 and not #55. I've just checked box scores of all Rockets games that season and Tabak wore #55 in all of them.
    Though after I googled "Tabak jersey", one of search results was trading card of Tabak wearing the #3 jersey!
    Tabak was with Rockets for only one season. So I can't figure out when could he have worn #3, if not in any of regular season or playoff games? There was no preseason back than if I'm not wrong.
    Any idea?

Re: Rockets game worn (?) jersey - no clue when it was actually worn

There have been preseason games for a long time (I believe atleast since the 1960s) so I would say he wore the jersey during the 1994 preseason. So that photo on the card is probably from the 1994 preseason too.

Quote Originally Posted by shermdawurm View Post
    There have been preseason games for a long time (I believe atleast since the 1960s) so I would say he wore the jersey during the 1994 preseason. So that photo on the card is probably from the 1994 preseason too.
    I also googled "1994-95 preseason games" but there's no any result. Which is odd.

Are you able to find any link?

Quote Originally Posted by Bench warmer View Post
    I also googled "1994-95 preseason games" but there's no any result. Which is odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bench warmer View Post
    Are you able to find any link?
    It's often difficult to find any info on the older preseason. I did a quick search on getty images using "October 1994 rockets" and found some images including a few from the 1994 Mexico Challenge. Unfortunately I couldn't find find any with Tabak in them.