I was wondering how other game used collectors' spouses view their game used collecting. In particular, for those of you whose spouses give you resistance to purchasing, how do you handle this situation? My wife has taken the hard line and told me I am banned from buying more game used items. It is not about money. She feels that: 1) buying game used memorabilia is an addiction; 2) The memorabilia is junking up the house and taking over some of our common space; 3) The hobby is juvenile and not appropriate for grown men. My hobby has hence been mostly shut down, although she recently let me purchase a couple of small items for my birthday, and says I can also buy again later during Christmas. I've offered to store items in the closet and not on the walls, and I've told her that although I agree it is an addiction, I don't see any dangerous elements to it or ill health effects (on the contrary, the hobby has cheered me up on many a down day!), yet she won't budge on her position.

I would love to hear about other game used collector's experiences with their spouses, and how they handled it. Thanks!