Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Talking Re: July 2017 Pickups

Jim:

Nice jersey! A first-year Mets gamer is among the best years a Mets enthusiast could hope to find.

Dave M.

Re: July 2017 Pickups

Picked up a Kirby Puckett gamer, has some pine tar up the handle and heavy seam marks, just hard to pick up in photos versus in hand. And it got a GU 10, so it's got that going for it, which is nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

2001 Adrian Beltre - Dodgers bat, nice use and sourced from the team, new to the hobby

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    2001 Adrian Beltre - Dodgers bat, nice use and sourced from the team, new to the hobby
    Such a amazing collection you have Ben. What are the chances we can see how you display them?

-Devin

Picked up this Brewers pre-season jersey. Contest winner created this 'Youniform' for games in Zona and at Miller Park. Taylor Green was to wear this rag, but busted his hip and missed the entire 2013 season.

Name:  taygreen.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  88.3 KB

Interesting pickup today. I bought this Red Schoendienst bat in the most recent Grey Flannel auction. It was advertised as a 33.5" early '50s index bat -- but that's an odd size for an index bat, and it's a model (S166) Red didn't use much (it would be odd for it to be his index model). So, I gambled. When I got it today, the first thing I did was measure it. Damn thing was 34", a typical index size. Then I looked closer: It had a 1955-60 version of "Genuine." So, I checked Red's PBOR and saw he had one order of 34" S166 bats on 2/8/61. Considering H&B probably didn't change the branding irons on New Year's Day, and this is the only 34" S166 on Red's very long PBOR, this bat almost surely is a '61 gamer with '50-'60 labeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Interesting pickup today. I bought this Red Schoendienst bat in the most recent Grey Flannel auction. It was advertised as a 33.5" early '50s index bat -- but that's an odd size for an index bat, and it's a model (S166) Red didn't use much (it would be odd for it to be his index model). So, I gambled. When I got it today, the first thing I did was measure it. Damn thing was 34", a typical index size. Then I looked closer: It had a 1955-60 version of "Genuine." So, I checked Red's PBOR and saw he had one order of 34" S166 bats on 2/8/61. Considering H&B probably didn't change the branding irons on New Year's Day, and this is the only 34" S166 on Red's very long PBOR, this bat almost surely is a '61 gamer with '50-'60 labeling.
    Great investigative work Jeff!

And great pick-up!

Banned

Great job of hitting the books on that one, Jeff. You earned it!

Regarding bat labels, I was buying bats from the Cubs batboys in 1983. The first Rawlings/Adirondack label bat I was offered (Ron Cey) was sold to me in late June. Your hypothesis sound solid to me.

Dave Miedema

admin_old

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post

Nice work Jeff!

2009 justin smoak team USA jersey

picked up a game used team USA0 jersey from 2009 used and signed by Justin Smoak. Great looking jersey!
    David
    foulball19@msn.com