Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: August 2017 Pickups

Yes and no. two of these I bought out of a braves connection. I personally think all of this stuff is tragically overpriced. freeman is a 600-800 jersey not 1000+ Like the braves charge or the dreamland prices of 1500+ on ebay.

Banned

Cool Re: August 2017 Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    1975 Mike Schmidt:
    Great Schmidt bat, Ben.

Back in the old days, I bought a similar bat (but cracked) for $20 from a Cubs visitors batboy. The oddity on mine was, the number on the knob was that of a HOF teammate: Steve Carlton (32).

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Great Schmidt bat, Ben.

Back in the old days, I bought a similar bat (but cracked) for $20 from a Cubs visitors batboy. The oddity on mine was, the number on the knob was that of a HOF teammate: Steve Carlton (32).

Dave Miedema
    Dave-
    Didnt you find a bat stuck in the ivy years ago? Was it a Mark Grace?

Not new pickups, but got my 90s Thome bats newly signed and inscribed...

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Banned

Talking Re: August 2017 Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by grandeleague View Post
    Dave-
    Didnt you find a bat stuck in the ivy years ago? Was it a Mark Grace?
    That wasn't me. That was a bleacher Ballhawk named Scott (a good guy, but a bit dense...you'll see why in the story below) who saw a bat laying several feet beneath the bleachers and spent close to 2 innings of the game using some handmade hooking contraption to successfully dig it out. It turned out to be a Jeff Kunkel.

Actually, I did have one bat come to me courtesy of a hot redhead named Brandi who worked as security down the LF line. During BP, a Cubs coach came out to pose as a batter while a Cubs pitcher threw in the bullpen which, back then, was down the LF foul line, but on the field itself. When the session was over, the Cubs coach dropped the bat on the ground, attended to the pitcher...and left the bat behind, never coming back to retrieve it. I asked Brandi what was gonna happen to the bat if nobody came back for it, and she offered to hide the bat under the bullpen bench. If someone from the Cubs came back for it, she would give it to them, but if no one else came back to retrieve it by the end of the game, she would give it to me after the game. The latter happened, and I was the proud new owner of an uncracked Candy Maldonado bat! The only potential fly in the ointment, although nothing came of it, was that, when Brandi left the ballpark to go home, Scott (from the first story), who had seen her hand it to me from the bleachers, came up to her and asked her why she gave me a bat and asked her (with people nearby) if she'd get him one, too. Fortunately, no one in the area heard the conversation, and he never got one from her.

Dave M.

2000/2001 Carlos Beltran - early Royals bat with terrific use

'76 Frank Robinson Bicentennial bat - signed and inscribed GU 10, with heavy seam marks on the left barrel.

Ben

Corey Kluber back to back strikeout baseballs. Struck out Mookie Betts and Andrew Benintendi, both swinging. Career K's 1,338 and 1,339.

Awesome Robbie bat Ben! congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by gorilla777 View Post
    '76 Frank Robinson Bicentennial bat - signed and inscribed GU 10, with heavy seam marks on the left barrel.

Ben

Wink Re: August 2017 Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnmalton View Post
    Corey Kluber back to back strikeout baseballs. Struck out Mookie Betts and Andrew Benintendi, both swinging. Career K's 1,338 and 1,339.

Nice pick ups.....but didn't the Red Sox win that game?