Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Why do the Cubs tape EVERY cracked bat?

Quote Originally Posted by grandeleague View Post
    Does anyone know oft hand what the cubs sell kris bryant game used bats for typically?
    $3,000 at the park. But, typically the good bats will be picked up immediately at $3,000 so the one you can get at the park will have crack/tape issues and not be a home run bat.

i contacted the cubs authentication department about taping the bats, and explained how it leaves a residue, can chip the paint off, and hurts the value. he (pat) said that the clubhouse does it, and he told me that he would make the request over to them to stop taping them. hopefully, they stop! maybe if more people complain they will see that i am not the only one who has an issue with the practice. i dont live in chicago or buy a ton of cubs gear, so if anyone sees that they stopped doing it, please share. thanks!

All the input to Cubs Authentics must have been taken to heart. The majority of the Cubs bats in their upcoming MLB Auction do not have any tape. And the couple that do have way less tape than usual.
    Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items

Quote Originally Posted by nevrdiez34 View Post
    All the input to Cubs Authentics must have been taken to heart. The majority of the Cubs bats in their upcoming MLB Auction do not have any tape. And the couple that do have way less tape than usual.
    That's great to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by nevrdiez34 View Post
    i noticed this as well with the last auction, looks like again with the current one. i am glad they took my (and anyone else who reached out to them) advice to stop taping the cracks!