• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Suspect Kirk Gibson 1984 Tigers jersey

Originally posted by TwinLakesPark
    There are 2 font differences and 1 material difference, but the stitching is the same. The peak of the 4 and the tail of the 2 are different, and the grain of the strip is diagonal vs up/down. However the stitching is the same. It is also important to note that the inventory tag in the neck of the Gibson in question has the same grain pattern as the tail strip. Regarding the inventory tag in the neck, I have seen many authentic/real/legit Tigers jerseys from the late 70's with a handwritten inventory number in the neck and from 85/86 with inventory numbers like this one in the neck.

The best course of action for this jersey would be to get it in the hands of Lon Lewis. I am willing to put this one to bed with agreeing to disagree. You not choosing to authenticate it is fine by mine, I can authenticate my own jerseys.

Now the Monge jersey is another story but I am going to choose to not pick that fight...

Up next, maybe some constructive educational additions to Rudy's Wilson tagging primer but with the focus on the Wilson tagging and strip tagging. Like the elusive question that has bothered my for years, why are some Wilson tags in the neck and some in the tail?
    I guess then that "agree to disagree" is where I'll let this go, as well.

Dave M.

Comment

Working...