Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Calling all Brewers game used collectors-Great Opportunity

Hello All-

So over the past few weeks I have been in discussion with the team about their game used items and getting more involved with the collectors. As it turns out, they are in the beginning stages of starting a memorabilia museum and are looking to acquire more items. Seeing as I have a pretty good relationship with them, they asked that I reach out to fellow collectors to see if they would be interested in selling/donating/loaning the team specialty or significant items to be displayed. For example, they recently obtained the Braun debut jersey for this exhibit. I personally am putting up my CC Sabathina Brewers home debut HR bat, and possibly a few other items.

Ideally, they are looking for items from 1970-present. Anything with historical significance, milestone games, etc. Newer items would need to be authenticated.

If you would be interested in hearing more about this or would like to be a part of this, please contact me and I will put you in touch directly with the team. I can be reached at mbasquez@outlook.com.

Thanks,
    Matt

Banned

Red face Re: Calling all Brewers game used collectors-Great Opportunity

I hope they do a better job of this than before. A couple of game used jerseys used to be on display by home plate on the concourse underneath the lower level stands in old County Stadium. One was touted as a Hank Aaron game used jersey, but in actuality was a 1974 Gorman Thomas gamer, when Thomas wore 44 before switching to #20 when Hammerin' Hank arrived. After a few years, probably due in part to my mentioning this error in SCD, the team slightly adjusted the positioning of the jersey in the display, folding the tail so the "44 74" tag was no longer visible.

Dave Miedema

Re: Calling all Brewers game used collectors-Great Opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I hope they do a better job of this than before. A couple of game used jerseys used to be on display by home plate on the concourse underneath the lower level stands in old County Stadium. One was touted as a Hank Aaron game used jersey, but in actuality was a 1974 Gorman Thomas gamer, when Thomas wore 44 before switching to #20 when Hammerin' Hank arrived. After a few years, probably due in part to my mentioning this error in SCD, the team slightly adjusted the positioning of the jersey in the display, folding the tail so the "44 74" tag was no longer visible.

Dave Miedema

I remember the display area. Never noticed that they made the change to hid the tag. What a mess. But they have some younger guys there who are really passionate about this project so hopefully it wont be a failure.

Are the plans to put the museum inside Miller Park? Went to my 10th game there 3 Saturdays ago and it never gets old. They did it right when they built that stadium. I actually prefer watching the Cubs play up there instead of dealing with the Wrigley mess.

I know I'm a bit late to reply to this thread but I was wondering if this is still being discussed by the Brewers? I have several significant G/U Robin Yount items that I would willing to have them displayed.

I tried contacting Matt via his email a couple of times to discuss this but never heard back. I too have many Yount items and some Aaron items.

I heard back from Matt rather quickly and he gave me a contact with the Brewers. I sent the Brewers contact a message about a week ago and have heard nothing back from the team.

Quote Originally Posted by brewers82 View Post
    I tried contacting Matt via his email a couple of times to discuss this but never heard back. I too have many Yount items and some Aaron items.

Hey,

Sorry if I didnt get back to you. I must have missed your email somehow. From what I was told, the initial plans were to build it beyond the Selig Experience as there was room. They have been buying things from collectors and auction houses for the past few months so I know they are stocking up on items. Nathan was out for a while and hard to get a hold of so maybe that was why he hasn't responded. I should see him tonight at the team clubhouse sale and will ask where things are at.

Feel free to email Nathan Jaeckels at Nathan.Jaeckels@brewers.com.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Matt,

Just sent you an email about a Braun HR jersey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Byington
    Hall of Fame Bats
    tim@hofbats.com

This is a very old thread, but I wonder if there was any update to this? Last rumor I had heard was that the Brewers were interested in putting together a museum of some sort and were going to display their items at Miller Park, possibly around the the Selig Experience. I had talked to someone last year (I believe) at Miller Park they said they were still hoping to get this going. I also asked if they were willing to display items on loan from fans but they had not gotten that far.