Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: September 2017 Pickups

Sweet Rose helmet been. That's a classic piece of Rose hardware.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post
    Another Flannel for my MLB Collection:

1968 New York Mets Road - Ed Charles

The jersey had been sent down to the minors and had a number change. I normally don't mind that, but these numbers had shrunk considerably and made the jersey look very odd. I removed the numbers myself, and also washed out the signature since it wasn't signed by Charles (the original player that wore the jersey). I then sent it to Lon Lewis to have period correct numbers sewn on. Just got it back today from Lon and I'm very happy with the final result.

I'll post some pics of the restoration process in my next post.
    Nicely approached and done. I don't believe that anyone in the hobby is better at quality restorations than Lon is. He was the choice of the late Dick Dobbins, and should be the choice for just about anyone.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post
    Another Flannel for my MLB Collection:

1968 New York Mets Road - Ed Charles

The jersey had been sent down to the minors and had a number change. I normally don't mind that, but these numbers had shrunk considerably and made the jersey look very odd. I removed the numbers myself, and also washed out the signature since it wasn't signed by Charles (the original player that wore the jersey). I then sent it to Lon Lewis to have period correct numbers sewn on. Just got it back today from Lon and I'm very happy with the final result.

I'll post some pics of the restoration process in my next post.
    Sweet Mets flannel

My latest pickup, 1976 Mets Wayne Garrett. Thanks to Nick for selling me the jersey and thanks to Lon Lewis for restoring the Casey Stengel/Joan Payson armband and the Centennial patch.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
    Sweet Rose helmet been. That's a classic piece of Rose hardware.
    Thanks, Clint, appreciate it

Paul Konerko autographed game used LVS cracked with MLB Holo. Always wanted a Konerko gamer and they are surprisingly tough to find. I do have to hide this from my Cub friends when they visit so I don't lose my street cred.

Giancarlo Stanton game used Marucci cracked with MLB Holo. Bat shows awesome use with bat weight marks, deep seam impressions, ink transfers and grass stuck in the pine tar. It's authenticated to a top of the 9th bases loaded single which plated two Marlins at Coors Field.

Charlie Blackmon game used Old Hickory uncracked with MLB Holo. Took me a while to find a Blackmon Bat with MLB authentication that was for sale. This is actually my favorite bat of this lot.

Odubel Herrera game used LVS cracked with rare Lizard Tape. Took me a while to find evidence of Odubel using a LVS with Lizard Tape but my research paid off. I was able to find photos and some game footage of him swinging a similar if not the same bat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love the Herrera. Where did you find that piece?
    Many thanks,
    JDF

uncracked Chuck with MLB, we never see those at Coors, surprised to see it...
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by JDF5244 View Post
    I love the Herrera. Where did you find that piece?
    Many thanks,
    JDF
    That was an Ebay bargain. That Lizard Tape scared buyers away and put me in to a frenzy to find a style match before bidding ended. Looking to buy more of his bats if you have any leads.

Quote Originally Posted by lengthwise1 View Post
    uncracked Chuck with MLB, we never see those at Coors, surprised to see it...
    I described the bat incorrectly. It does have a handle crack on the back side of that photo!! For some reason the edit option is not available on that particular post of mine.?