Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

September 2017 Pickups

During the 2017 season, the Aberdeen Ironbirds wore a specialized jersey three times to support an area non profit organization and on 08/22 after they wore them for the last time, they auctioned them off. Here is the jersey that Ryan Ripken wore those games:

http://imgur.com/Y2ia9Brhttp://imgur.com/Y2ia9Br

Re: September 2017 Pickups

sorry, ever since Photobucket stopped me from posting photos, i've had trouble showing pictures:

Banned

Picked up a couple of 500 HR guys last month. Ortiz HR #479 and an '83 Reggie with heavy use. Bats sure changed between these two eras.

Just added a 1946 Del Wilber home Cardinals jersey to the collection. I already owned Wilber's '46 road jersey (what are the odds?), so I now have a matched set.

Wow that Cardinals jersey is amazing!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Just added a 1946 Del Wilber home Cardinals jersey to the collection. I already owned Wilber's '46 road jersey (what are the odds?), so I now have a matched set.

Home and road flannel set from the 1940s? Incredible, Jeff...that is a rarity for any player/team combination. Congrats!

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbats View Post
    Hey Jeff, can I ask your opinion of those BCW jersey display cases? I've been using the Caseworks brand and love the museum grade glass they use but I like BCWs mirror option allowing the front of the jersey to be seen (somewhat). My question is do they look nice on the wall considering they are just a plastic box? I don't want to display a three thousand dollar jersey in a case that detracts from it. Also, does the plastic scratch easily? My fear is cleaning them and having the cloth leave fine scratches all over the case which only magnify when light hits them from the right angle. Lastly, is the hanger designed in a way that protects the jersey from getting bumps on the shoulders? If you can help me out I'd appreciate it! Cheers

Nick & Jeff - a nice start to September to say the least!
    R.J. Hinners

Always looking for Don Mattingly and other Yankees' game-used items and quality memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Hey Jeff, can I ask your opinion of those BCW jersey display cases? I've been using the Caseworks brand and love the museum grade glass they use but I like BCWs mirror option allowing the front of the jersey to be seen (somewhat). My question is do they look nice on the wall considering they are just a plastic box? I don't want to display a three thousand dollar jersey in a case that detracts from it. Also, does the plastic scratch easily? My fear is cleaning them and having the cloth leave fine scratches all over the case which only magnify when light hits them from the right angle. Lastly, is the hanger designed in a way that protects the jersey from getting bumps on the shoulders? If you can help me out I'd appreciate it! Cheers
    Joe, I've had these cases for years and really like them. Because they're clear, they don't detract from the jersey. I think sometimes, the case overwhelms what's inside. Not with these -- it's like the jersey is hanging on the wall, but it's protected. They don't scratch if you clean them according to the instructions. The hangers could leave bumps, I suppose -- I'd think that depends on the style of jersey being hung and where the end of the hanger hits the shoulder/sleeve. But, the hangers are really wide and curved, so they're much kinder than most hangers. I've never had an issue with bumps. My favorite thing is how easy it is to change out a jersey -- pull the lid off, change the jerseys out and drop the new one back in (I like to rotate my collection.) I have 12 of these in my house.

Are the BCW cases UV protected?

Thanks.