Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: STOLEN BY FEDEX EMPLOYEE- email us if seen

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Insurance reasons is why FedEx or UPS
    Yes they both do. All you need is to provide is a physical address of where the PO Box is located.

If you are worried about theft from porches you can always go to the delivery company web site and click to have them hold at their center for you to go pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by gobills123 View Post
    having items left on the back porch or even in the garage renders that front porch camera kinda useless no?
    It sure does, great insight. Anything helpful you'd like to add to the thread? You know like ways collectors can protect their investments from would be thieves? I offered several none of which was inclusive of the other.

I wonder if we can add another emoji outside of the typical smiley faces... say maybe a troll?

In my opinion the best option is a POBOX or have packages held at their respected facilities for pick-up.

I dont see anyway to stop employee theft though. At least from the buyers end.

Sad situation for the buyer. Hopefully they turn up.

Has anyone tried the redirection of shipments option that Fed-Ex offers? I tried this with the last couple items I have purchased. I get tiered of them delivering when no one is home then having to wait another day to get the package. Using Fed-Ex shipment manager app you can redirect the package to a designated holding location. I had them redirect to a Walgreens near my house. Stopped by after work and picked it up with no problems. However they keep the packages on a flimsy rack in the photo department which everyone in the store has direct line of sight on and could easily slip through the non-existent door to just grab a package.

Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    Has anyone tried the redirection of shipments option that Fed-Ex offers? I tried this with the last couple items I have purchased. I get tiered of them delivering when no one is home then having to wait another day to get the package. Using Fed-Ex shipment manager app you can redirect the package to a designated holding location. I had them redirect to a Walgreens near my house. Stopped by after work and picked it up with no problems. However they keep the packages on a flimsy rack in the photo department which everyone in the store has direct line of sight on and could easily slip through the non-existent door to just grab a package.
    I was the same way, always having to wait an additional day or two because nobody was home. I have used the redirect option a few times and love it. There is a FedEx Office that is on my way home from work and I have it delivered there. Much more convenient than having to wait longer or having an item sitting on your porch.
    Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items

Quote Originally Posted by TBM View Post
    I only have packages shipped to a location for me to pickup. If it's something I care about, I don't trust it sitting out. But if it's a company employee stealing it, there is nothing I can do.

Just to make sure everybody understands this was not an issue of the item being left on the porch and being stolen
    This was a signature required package that initially FedEx reported as "lost" and then later confirmed it was employee theft

Cool Re: STOLEN BY FEDEX EMPLOYEE- email us if seen

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    It sure does, great insight. Anything helpful you'd like to add to the thread? You know like ways collectors can protect their investments from would be thieves? I offered several none of which was inclusive of the other.

I wonder if we can add another emoji outside of the typical smiley faces... say maybe a troll?
    Man! If someone peed in your coffee, all you need to do is dump it out and pour a new cup!
    If its a lack of a sense of humor - I'd suggest finding one or it'll be a long tough life. You seem REALLY mad - so maybe thats the issue.
    Is it easier for you to call people Trolls rather than REREAD what YOU posted?
    I thought it was funny the way you worded it and simply pointed it out.
    If thats too heavy for you, maybe you shouldnt be posting on a message board.
    Did I once say or imply that your advice wasnt helpful?
    Aside from being simply common sense (which I'll give you the benefit of the doubt b/c you know what they say about common sense) your suggestions I'm sure were/are appreciated.
    Lighten up and keep your keyboard warrior troll accusations to yourself.
    Its a serious thread - I get it.... a slight reprieve from the seriousness isnt a bad thing.
    Gee Wizz man, lighten up!!! :/

Usps has po bixes that let you recieve packages from ups and fed ex. Basically they give you a proper address and the po box number gets added next to your name or whatever. They started doing it a few years ago. Usps has been rock solid and secure. So any time anyone says no po boxes it doesn't matter.

Cameras on front porch or back porch or all over street won't help once it's gone. Unless buddy was wearing no hoody, no sun glasses, perfect lighting, AND the police recognize him. You'd need a perfect storm. All security cameras do is let the vuctim watch a rerun of their theft while they shake their fust at the screen and shout " you bastard!"