Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: STOLEN BY FEDEX EMPLOYEE- email us if seen

Quote Originally Posted by gobills123 View Post
    Man! If someone peed in your coffee, all you need to do is dump it out and pour a new cup!
    If its a lack of a sense of humor - I'd suggest finding one or it'll be a long tough life. You seem REALLY mad - so maybe thats the issue.
    Is it easier for you to call people Trolls rather than REREAD what YOU posted?
    I thought it was funny the way you worded it and simply pointed it out.
    If thats too heavy for you, maybe you shouldnt be posting on a message board.
    Did I once say or imply that your advice wasnt helpful?
    Aside from being simply common sense (which I'll give you the benefit of the doubt b/c you know what they say about common sense) your suggestions I'm sure were/are appreciated.
    Lighten up and keep your keyboard warrior troll accusations to yourself.
    Its a serious thread - I get it.... a slight reprieve from the seriousness isnt a bad thing.
    Gee Wizz man, lighten up!!! :/
    Still nothing to add? Sorry, I fail to find humor in someone having their property stolen. Apparently you've never been a victim of such a crime. I assure you once you have your tune will change when it comes to adding content to a related thread.

[QUOTE=Juicyfruit66;409263Cameras on front porch or back porch or all over street won't help once it's gone. Unless buddy was wearing no hoody, no sun glasses, perfect lighting, AND the police recognize him. You'd need a perfect storm. All security cameras do is let the vuctim watch a rerun of their theft while they shake their fust at the screen and shout " you bastard!"[/QUOTE]

This couldn't be further from the truth. Perfect lighting? Nearly every security/IP camera has IR lighting which gives a nice quality low light video as long as you don't buy a cheap model. Hoodies, glasses and all the related paraphernalia the movies portray criminals wearing at all times is rarely the case. You see that draws unwanted attention to someone who doesn't want attention while in a neighborhood setting in the middle of the day (which would be the case if you're stealing someones mail). Do you think these cameras are noticeable? I've had one for 3 years now and my postman had no clue until we had a conversation the other day about you guessed it, stolen parcels. It doesn't just catch footage of the person but the entire street so their vehicle can also be recorded. To each their own but I'm pretty amazed people think of these as more of a novelty than a solid deterrent to would be criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Still nothing to add? Sorry, I fail to find humor in someone having their property stolen. Apparently you've never been a victim of such a crime. I assure you once you have your tune will change when it comes to adding content to a related thread.

This couldn't be further from the truth. Perfect lighting? Nearly every security/IP camera has IR lighting which gives a nice quality low light video as long as you don't buy a cheap model. Hoodies, glasses and all the related paraphernalia the movies portray criminals wearing at all times is rarely the case. You see that draws unwanted attention to someone who doesn't want attention while in a neighborhood setting in the middle of the day (which would be the case if you're stealing someones mail). Do you think these cameras are noticeable? I've had one for 3 years now and my postman had no clue until we had a conversation the other day about you guessed it, stolen parcels. It doesn't just catch footage of the person but the entire street so their vehicle can also be recorded. To each their own but I'm pretty amazed people think of these as more of a novelty than a solid deterrent to would be criminals.
    I've been a police officer for 12 years, i deal with video surveillance all the time. Criminals almost always wear hoodies, caps, things to cover face. It's very hard to actually get a good shot, identify the suspect, and get a conviction. At most you'll be able to say "this guy stole it, it's been resold by now, you'll never get it back cause he's a criminal and doesn't care".

On a positive note, home surveillance cameras that face the street have solved hit and runs, drive bys, etc.

[QUOTE=Wrigley2010;409269]Still nothing to add? Sorry, I fail to find humor in someone having their property stolen. Apparently you've never been a victim of such a crime. I assure you once you have your tune will change when it comes to adding content to a related ...

I guess since you still haven't don't it I'll add an OR to your advice so it makes sense in context.
    You can get a front porch camera OR set up back porch or garage deliveries.
    Have I been ripped off via stolen mail (again... as Ken pointed out is not what this thread was even about) no. I live in the city, and sure - it's always possible.
    I guess I consider it common sense that if I have something SUPER valuable otw, to have it held at the post office.
    That said, I have been scammed.. and that sucks!! But when all is said and done, it is what it is. I don't wish it upon anyone, but to a extent we all know the risks involved and if it's super important and we feel there is potential for issues then it's on us to take precautions bc it's always better 'safe than sorry.
    As for what this thread is ACTUALLY about... I don't see how anyone can take precautions to prevent it bc we have nothing to do with it. Unless you pick up your item yourself, you have to trust the people to do their jobs while in transit and then make arrangements yourself depending on the situation.

Sure, the comment was a little 'peanut gallery-ish' but if someone making a silly joke at your expensive is the worst thing that happens to you today... you don't have it that bad trust me.

Trying to turn me into the black sheep bc you got bent out of shape about it is a little lame and frankly below both of us.
    Having said that, thank you for your thoughts!