Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

STOLEN BY FEDEX EMPLOYEE- email us if seen

FEDEX has confirmed an employee theft of a package that included the following 4 items.
    1987 Lee Smith Game Used & All-Star Team Signed Louisville Slugger Model Bat (Smith LOA & JSA)

1953 Enos Slaughter Hillerich & Bradsby Pro Stock Bat (PSA/DNA)

1974 Davey Lopes Game Issued World Series Hillerich & Bradsby Bat (PSA/DNA)

1979 Tom Seaver Signed Louisville Slugger Pro Model Bat (PSA/DNA, MEARS & JSA)

Please contact me if these turn up!
    ken@goldinauctions.com

Re: STOLEN BY FEDEX EMPLOYEE- email us if seen

Ken, please keep us updated on this. I worked for UPS a few years back and had a similar situation arise at my facility. Diamonds were stolen and the crime was solved with the help of the FBI. Surveillance cameras helped along with the logistical issues of selling stolen goods with a high dollar value. I have to assume Fed Ex has a top of the line surveillance system and coupled with the problems the thief will have unloading these items I believe there will be no "Brady Superbowl Jersey" detective work needed.

I also recommend anyone who buys a lot of GU online invest in a front porch security camera. One of the biggest issues Fed Ex, UPS and USPS face is theft of items left on the front porch. On top of that I would even ask your delivery driver to leave items on the back porch or even in the garage. They will do this when asked, at least UPS will.

A UPS driver stole my Sheriff's Office ring one time after picking it up from the maker. Ended up in a pawn shop in Ohio.

Signature required is a must. This is why we do it.
    And people taking things off porches is a real problem, had crooks trying to use a house in my neighborhood as a drop off location for shipping drugs. They would watch tracking and run to the house as soon as delivered. Police went around. My neighborhood to warn everyone

If this is such an issue, why do so many auction houses refuse to ship to a P.O. Box? You can still get signature confirmation, and the package is never left out in the open. I could never understand the "No P.O. Box" policy.

I've been shipping and receiving for 20 years and I trust USPS the most. UPS the least. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    Ken, please keep us updated on this. I worked for UPS a few years back and had a similar situation arise at my facility. Diamonds were stolen and the crime was solved with the help of the FBI. Surveillance cameras helped along with the logistical issues of selling stolen goods with a high dollar value. I have to assume Fed Ex has a top of the line surveillance system and coupled with the problems the thief will have unloading these items I believe there will be no "Brady Superbowl Jersey" detective work needed.

I also recommend anyone who buys a lot of GU online invest in a front porch security camera. One of the biggest issues Fed Ex, UPS and USPS face is theft of items left on the front porch. On top of that I would even ask your delivery driver to leave items on the back porch or even in the garage. They will do this when asked, at least UPS will.
    having items left on the back porch or even in the garage renders that front porch camera kinda useless no?

remember the scene in ace ventura when he disguised himself as a delivery guy in order to steal back a dog? this is how i assume most shipping companies handle packages. always put insurance on everything. then if they lose it or damage it, they are on the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by snoodles View Post
    If this is such an issue, why do so many auction houses refuse to ship to a P.O. Box? You can still get signature confirmation, and the package is never left out in the open. I could never understand the "No P.O. Box" policy.
    UPS and FEDEX dont deliver to PO Boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
    UPS and FEDEX dont deliver to PO Boxes.
    Insurance reasons is why FedEx or UPS