Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

This Pro Bowl jersey legit?

I was wondering your opinions on this jersey. Not game worn but could it be pro cut? Or is it a knock off? Thanks in advance.

Re: This Pro Bowl jersey legit?

Looks good.
    I've never seen a knock-off with berlin tags.
    So, at the very least the jersey portion itself is legit.
    This reminds me of a Pro Bowl jersey I have from the same year that is of Brian Morman.
    Its different though in that the jersey itself is a replica (retail) but instead of the name and numbers being screened, the Bills made it up in house using TV numbers.
    This is the same way a retail Elite will have different numbers if you order from NFL.com than it will if it comes direct from the team.
    The Elite authentics made in house (charity, give away, auctions) utilize the same #'s used for the teams gamers and (at least on the Bills) the borders (red for buffalo) is MUCH thicker so it stands out on TV.
    In Buffalo they always used to be Elites but in odd sizes ( 40 or 42 ) and now im noticing more of a mix like my pro bowl where they take a blank Nike 'game' level jersey and rather than the screened #'s they have the sewn in house numbers that the players then autograph.... although realistically they all have TV #'s bc the players might sign just the # and later on they are put on a blank... which wouldnt work if it was a normal 'game' jersey.
    That does not necessarily pertain to your Colts jersey, but those are the reasons that it could look different and again, at the very least the jersey itself is good.
    Also, I have not seen a PB knockoff ( not to say they dont exist) with the team patch sewn on. Usually they are embroidered into rather than a patch.
    Its also odd in that I dont recall seeing a LB tag on a retail rebook authentic - only game issue/used.
    However, that doesnt look very pro cut does it? That may be attriubted to it not being a skill cut and the size being large by gamer standards.
    Also, 1 pic isnt a lot to go on, but thats what I got out of it!

Nice jersey!!

Fake. IMO
    Jock tag the NFL the L looks like a b
    most likely the neck shield is the same way.
    No space between NFLPLAYERS
    On RBK the R doesn't connect on the loop.
    Made in Berlin tag isn't hard to add

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYS4EVR View Post
    Fake. IMO
    Jock tag the NFL the L looks like a b
    most likely the neck shield is the same way.
    No space between NFLPLAYERS
    On RBK the R doesn't connect on the loop.
    Made in Berlin tag isn't hard to add

No, but I've never seen that tag or the 4lb added and my employer deals with thousands (literally, no exaggeration) of 'custom' and 'knockoff' autographed jerseys for product.
    Normally, a fake jersey will have all the stars in the NFL jock tag touching and looking like a white pile of mush.
    These are all each defined and separate.
    This is all very clean with the correct font. A few points could be argued with this, but IMO the jock tag isn't one of em.
    Maybe they added the 4lb, MIB, and (if they are going to that much trouble already) a legit jock tag.. but with respect, I doubt it

The difference in opinion is that we may be looking at it different. I'm under the assumption that if this isn't legit that it's mass produced like most knockoffs.
    If what you are saying is true, it would have to be a one off where someone applied the tags and that just seems like a lot of work for a jersey (that although is really cool) value wise is just meh..
    I, like most here despise knockoffs but having to deal with them as much as I do - have seen what's out there more than most.
    The only massed produced example of something even remotely similar is the hockey jerseys with the emigrant.
    Likely, we'll never know so it's a moot point. Being able to feel the jersey would give us our answer right away- but that's obviously not possible.

Sorry, didn't have my head on straight
    Here's a real jock tag that should be there if legit GI
    GI or GU jock tags don't have size or NFL PLAYERS logo on them.
    IMO with that tag, altered retail.
    Name:  IMG_3330.JPG
Views: 346
Size:  37.0 KB

Question Re: This Pro Bowl jersey legit?

Isn't this the correct jock tag style for the 2008 Reebok game worn or issued football jerseys?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by bgakladd View Post
    Isn't this the correct jock tag style for the 2008 Reebok game worn or issued football jerseys?
    yes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-Brett-F...cAAOSwtRBZsgNu

that is what the tagging looks like on the Pro Bowl "issued" or game used should look like.

Good work guys!
    I admit, I was just looking at what was there in re: to tell tale knock-off signs rather than what the tag 'SHOULD' look like.
    http://www.nflshop.com/Pro_Bowl_Gear...ic_Blue_Jersey
    This may appear lazy on my behalf... but I just couldnt fathom someone going to the trouble to 'fake' a game issued shirt so it didnt even occur to me until CB4Evr thought the tags might be added and fishy.
    I took a look at this which is obviously 'authentic' albeit 'retail' and although this is a game used board, it didnt click that the OP was asking in the context 'is this a legit' gamer- rather than is this a knockoff or not knockoff.
    In that sense I dont think I was wrong, but admittedly missed the boat on what was actually being asked.
    I usually stick to 80's and 90's stuff as thats what in my wheel house as I dont collect new-ish gamers.
    I just took the question as a simple 'real' or 'knockoff' rather than 'real' or 'fake' and answered accordingly.
    I'm sorry, and hope it didnt cause any issues!