Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beltre Bats from Celebz

I'm looking to add a 2017 Beltre game used bat to my collection. Since Beltre has surpassed the 3000 hit mark his prices have sky rocketed and his 2017 bats are becoming tough to find. Celebz has some of his 2017 gamers available and I was wondering if anyone has bought any Beltre items from them and if so what are your thoughts? I know several of his 2017 bats were pulled from the recent Goldin Auction which I believe originated from Celebz. Seeing as how these bats are from his 3000th hit season I think the asking price of $800 is fair. On top of that, photo matching wont be an issue seeing as how I can comb through all the mlb.tv video from this season. Just looking for any opinions from the community before I commit to buying one of these bats.

Re: Beltre Bats from Celebz

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    I'm looking to add a 2017 Beltre game used bat to my collection. Since Beltre has surpassed the 3000 hit mark his prices have sky rocketed and his 2017 bats are becoming tough to find. Celebz has some of his 2017 gamers available and I was wondering if anyone has bought any Beltre items from them and if so what are your thoughts? I know several of his 2017 bats were pulled from the recent Goldin Auction which I believe originated from Celebz. Seeing as how these bats are from his 3000th hit season I think the asking price of $800 is fair. On top of that, photo matching wont be an issue seeing as how I can comb through all the mlb.tv video from this season. Just looking for any opinions from the community before I commit to buying one of these bats.
    (I'm sure you did a forum search about Celebz before you posted this?) I know Phil and I feel that Celebz has proven to be shady and SOB's when discussed before. Therefore, we can't fathom why anyone would want to do business with them. But we appear to be in the minority. Can't speak for their Beltre bats, because I would never look at their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    (I'm sure you did a forum search about Celebz before you posted this?) I know Phil and I feel that Celebz has proven to be shady and SOB's when discussed before. Therefore, we can't fathom why anyone would want to do business with them. But we appear to be in the minority. Can't speak for their Beltre bats, because I would never look at their stuff.
    Thank you for your reply early. I am well aware of their reputation and yet I still let my desire to get my hands on a 2017 Beltre bat over shadow that. Your reply reminded of why I started this thread in the first place and that was my skepticism of Celebz. I decided to pass on the bag. So I'm still in the hunt along with nearly every other collector for a 2017 Beltre gamer for under 1K

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Agree 100%

I am not a fan of theirs and stay away, as well. I did e-mail them about the bats and said if they could provide photomatches of a specific bat being used in an actual season game, I'd be interested. I have yet to hear back after they said they'd be in touch...

They are doing Avisail garcia and it made me wonder how garcia has multiple game used items to sell through celebz. They have ads stating batting gloves, jerseys, helmets, etc. To me, i bet tons of those will not be actual gamers. Just a hunch, no facts behind it

They are not going to photomatch your stuff for you.....gotta do that on your own. They have come up with some serious gems in the past. On that same note some stuff is a complete dud. They do no homework on anything but truly do get stuff from the actual athlete. As with anything just do your homework. I am in no way saying celebz direct is a top notch company (and Scot monet is probably the biggest asshole I have ever dealt with) but they have truly produced photomatched (after a purchase) gems.

Quote Originally Posted by sherbal15 View Post
    (and Scot monet is probably the biggest asshole I have ever dealt with).
    Is it Scot Monet or Scot Monette?

You see they are the same person.

Scot Monette changed his name to Scot Monet when the whole ordeal hit the fan and he basically admitted to doctoring items http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ite...ntry-1.1632318

OR how about when Scot ripped off Dwayne Schintzius a former university of Florida basketball star. http://www.tampabay.com/news/briefs/...county/1223932

"Former Brandon High School and University of Florida star Dwayne Schintzius has sued an Oldsmar man, saying he was defrauded out of $100,000. The lawsuit says Schintzius, who played for nine years in the NBA, invested the money with Scot Monette for two sports memorabilia businesses, which were going to buy and sell items from retired NBA players, as well as from the 2008 Tampa Bay Rays and Philadelphia Phillies. The lawsuit says the businesses were Elite Sports Marketing and What About Sports. The lawsuit says Monette used the money to pay off other debts. Monette could not be reached for comment."

I can go on and on.

He just changes his name to throw people off his trail.

This guy has legitimately ripped off so many people.

I just don't get it. Ya'll are supporting this kind of behavior if you are buying from Celebz.

Quote Originally Posted by sherbal15 View Post
    They are not going to photomatch your stuff for you.....gotta do that on your own. They have come up with some serious gems in the past. On that same note some stuff is a complete dud. They do no homework on anything but truly do get stuff from the actual athlete. As with anything just do your homework. I am in no way saying celebz direct is a top notch company (and Scot monet is probably the biggest asshole I have ever dealt with) but they have truly produced photomatched (after a purchase) gems.
    Coach's Corner has a few legit items each month, too. It's just that some of us feel that if you have to dig through that much sh*t to get a good piece, a lot of it sticks to you.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...ticle-1.279528

Here's Leland's and Robert Edwards Auctions both basically laughing at Chris Morales from Coaches Corner. Chris tries to defend himself when asked why pieces he authenticates go for much less. Chris blames it on the auction houses ahahahaha. You cannot and I mean cannot make this stuff up......