Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Exclamation Cubs 2016 WS ring to be auctioned

According to reports, Lelands has received a 2016 Cubs WS ring from an unnamed team scout and will be auctioning it with a starting bid of $1,908. I'm hoping the Cubs don't step in and try to prevent this, as when delivering the rings, recipients were made to agree that if they chose to ever sell the ring, the Cubs would have right of first refusal to buy it back. There is no word on whether this anonymous Cubs scout went through this step first or not.

Dave Miedema

Re: Cubs 2016 WS ring to be auctioned

Oh brother. Now the Cubs are so full of themselves that they won't let anyone sell their ring. Another reason to dislike them.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer Madden View Post
    Oh brother. Now the Cubs are so full of themselves that they won't let anyone sell their ring. Another reason to dislike them.
    A lot of teams are like this. Most put "termination" in there and that usually scares ppl from doing it.

This is not a precedent being set by the Cubs and like stated before is the standard operating procedure of nearly every championship team that gives out these high dollar rings. Lets keep in mind that the Cubs gave these rings to nearly every one in the organization, kudos to them. I know someone who received one of these rings, they're absolutely beautiful. He was told if he ever decides to sell it that the team has the first right of refusal. The price the team has to pay? 1$. I found this out after offering him 5K for it, mostly joking but completely willing to follow through. Obviously these rings are worth more substantially more than that.

The one part of this story that is going unnoticed is the fact the Chicago Cubs are questioning the authenticity of this ring.

Seriously? Other teams have done that? WOW, I never would have guessed that.

Banned

Exclamation Re: Cubs 2016 WS ring to be auctioned

Now at $58,991.00.

Dave M.

I wonder if Weiters will sell his 2017 Cubs WS ring or keep it to remember how he helped the Cubs win the NLDS.

Ring has been pulled from auction. The scout who tried to sell it is no longer employed by the Cubs. Ring is to be returned to Cubs who will then give the Scout $1 for the ring. According to Sports Collectors Daily:

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...on-scout-gone/

Have they done that raffle in Chicago for the ring yet ?