Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Not an Arenado bat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/382248019262?ul_noapp=true

It has a Brandon Barnes Punisher decal on the knob. Brandon used lots of other players bats during his last year with the Rockies.
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Re: Not an Arenado bat

Good call. I'm always glad when these types of things are pointed out for collectors here.

They also sold a Willson Contreras bat recently that had a knob decal from a different player. I believe it was an AFL bat that was used by Renato Nunez. I have a couple of bats from the 2015 Mesa Solar Sox which rostered players from several teams including the Cubs and Athletics. I have a Miguel Montero bat and a Renato Nunez with that same knob decal. Here's photos of the Contreras bat that sold.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

That 34 decal is not a players number.

Quote Originally Posted by ndevlin View Post
    That 34 decal is not a players number.
    Correct.

So it's just a measurement indicator? First saw it on a few Nunez bats and it matched his number and the color scheme of his MLB team so I just assumed. Any reason why some have it and some don't? The ones I have that are void of it don't appear to have had anything removed from it. I feel a bit sheepish having passed on this bat especially after having been excited to see it listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley2010 View Post
    So it's just a measurement indicator? First saw it on a few Nunez bats and it matched his number and the color scheme of his MLB team so I just assumed. Any reason why some have it and some don't? The ones I have that are void of it don't appear to have had anything removed from it. I feel a bit sheepish having passed on this bat especially after having been excited to see it listed.
    Yes its for length. The bats Willson used when he first came up to the majors had the same knob sticker. I have seen at least three other bats of his with that sticker, including one I own used right when he came up.

Lightbulb Re: Not an Arenado bat

Quote Originally Posted by twarman17 View Post
    Yes its for length. The bats Willson used when he first came up to the majors had the same knob sticker. I have seen at least three other bats of his with that sticker, including one I own used right when he came up.
    Thank you for educating me on this Twarman17. Now to find another Contreras bat for $399