Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickkaszer18
    • Jun 2015

Re: game used Bats vs game used jerseys

I use to be bat only guy... then I got my first jersey. I love it and the few to follow. To me there are many ways to look at this. Jersey do take up more room to display (display the way I do). However, jerseys show the team and the player. Yes some bats have the team name under the players name but a lot of those are minor leagues and have not been a trend in major league past last several years. Bats are easier to display and can show awesome use and player characteristics. I love bats and jerseys and I don't deem myself a collector of one over the other but I have to be a true fan of the player to buy a jersey where as a bat I'm alittle more willing to buy.

Comment

• shermdawurm
      • Dec 2013

I own a few bats but I definitely prefer jerseys. I think jerseys are the quintessential representation of game worn/used memorabilia since they transcend to all sports. I especially love vintage jerseys. Vintage jerseys were used over and over again until a team had no use for it anymore. Baseball jerseys were used year after year and then passed down through the minor league system until they were shriveled up rags. Sometimes finding an all original specimen is virtually impossible. Vintage football jerseys were used year after year and then used in practice until they fell apart. It amazes me that some franchises like the Steelers or Patriots held onto their vintage jerseys until now. I don't have too many jerseys from the past 10 years because of how over produced they are but I might buy some if the price is right or if something significant happened with that jersey (rookie year, milestone, hit home run, etc).

Comment

• sorklora
        • Mar 2015

Bats only. Jerseys don't do much for me as far as appeal nor are they cost effective to display. Bats have more player characteristics than jerseys do and are easier to display and more fun to collect in general.

Comment

• Buccaneer Madden
          • Sep 2014

I've never been into jerseys in any sport. I'd much rather have a bat or helmet.

Comment

Working...