Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Heritage Chicago Bears Juenger 1973 game jersey most likely 1971 Ray Ogden

After doing some research on this jersey, I have determined several things involving the 1973 Chicago Bears Dave Juenger jersey in the current Heritage Auctions. First, the Bears had stripes on their jerseys in 1973. Second, Juenger didn't wear #38 in 1973. Dave wore #38 in the preseason of 1974 when they switched him to defense from offense. With the help of a GUU member, it appears the Bears wore jerseys with sleeve stripes in 1974. Therefore, Juenger most likely did not wear this jersey. The Bears did wear the jerseys with no sleeve stripes in 1971. That year #38 was assigned to Ray Ogden. It also appears no one that made the final roster in 1972 wore #38. My unprofessional conclusion is this is most likely a 1971 game used jersey worn by Ogden. The nameplate has been removed and the size XL without numbers such as a 46 is consistent with a Butkus found on the internet. This is not a big ticket item and just my opinion. Maybe someone is looking for one of his jerseys as I am looking for a true Juenger jersey. I am not putting down the authenticator or Heritage. Jason has check on this jersey for me and has been more than kind. Good luck bidding! Bruce

Re: Heritage Chicago Bears Juenger 1973 game jersey most likely 1971 Ray Ogden

Bruce,

Your assessment is correct. It's Ogden's jersey.

Re: Heritage Chicago Bears Juenger 1973 game jersey most likely 1971 Ray Ogden

Can you contact me through email please? I have a question, thanks! Brucecaplinger@yahoo.com
    Bruce