Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Looking for a true Gary Fencik Chicago Bears game used jersey.

Hello, I know this is a tough question, but are there any Chicago Bears Gary Fencik jerseys out there? They come up every great once in awhile, but hard to find. If anyone knows of any that might be expendable, please let me know. Thanks so much!
    Bruce
    Brucecaplinger@yahoo.com

Re: Looking for a true Gary Fencik Chicago Bears game used jersey.

Banned

Question Re: Looking for a true Gary Fencik Chicago Bears game used jersey.

I wonder what happened to the Wilson tag on this one?

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I wonder what happened to the Wilson tag on this one?

Dave Miedema
    Good point ! Now that you mention it Dave, doesn't the vinyl pressed lettering look a little off to you ?

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Looking for a true Gary Fencik Chicago Bears game used jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by bryzzo2016 View Post
    Good point ! Now that you mention it Dave, doesn't the vinyl pressed lettering look a little off to you ?
    Now that you mention it, something looks a bit off. I'm not sure if it's the lettering itself or the slight color disparity between the plate and the shell.

Dave M.

Banned

Angry Re: Looking for a true Gary Fencik Chicago Bears game used jersey.

Bruce, never mind getting it to send to me, between your observations, bryzzos' and mine, I'm getting very doubtful about this one. In terms of the sleeve length issue, everything I saw from 1985 on had the sleeves you refer to. In addition, I found a photo of Fencik, rear view, from the January 1985 NFC Championship Game loss to the 49ers, and the jersey you asked about has thicker and more widespread orange trim on the NOB, especially obvious on the N in FENCIK, as per bryzzos' comcerns. Save your money for a surer thing.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Bruce, never mind getting it to send to me, between your observations, bryzzos' and mine, I'm getting very doubtful about this one. In terms of the sleeve length issue, everything I saw from 1985 on had the sleeves you refer to. In addition, I found a photo of Fencik, rear view, from the January 1985 NFC Championship Game loss to the 49ers, and the jersey you asked about has thicker and more widespread orange trim on the NOB, especially obvious on the N in FENCIK, as per bryzzos' comcerns. Save your money for a surer thing.

Dave M.

I've seen enough 80's Wilson Bears jerseys to know the material the numbers are made out of should be thicker. And it's a little too shiny.

I agree with Dave , steer clear of this one, there's definitely something wrong with it.

Gary Fencik has always been a fan favorite, therefore you will see a ton of "game used" jerseys... My advice is always to steer clear of the stars since most everything you see is made up or old store jerseys. 80's was a wonderful time where the store bought Wilson jersey was oh-so-close!

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    Gary Fencik has always been a fan favorite, therefore you will see a ton of "game used" jerseys... My advice is always to steer clear of the stars since most everything you see is made up or old store jerseys. 80's was a wonderful time where the store bought Wilson jersey was oh-so-close!
    Yep, there are so many Payton gamers out there it's unreal.